6 ~ A Well Needed Break

Julie's POV 

I just got home from school and i flop down onto my bed. It isn't until now that I really get the chance to process what happened last night. I didn't tell Flynn because I didn't want her to freak out. But what do I do now? I don't have anyone to talk this through with. Did I really almost kiss Luke? If Reggie hadn't opened the door would it have actually happened? When I went to see the guys this morning they said the all had different plans today so I know the studio will be empty so I get up and go down to be with my mom to think things over. 

I open the doors of the studio and it's empty as I assumed. I slowly walk to my mothers piano and sit down on the bench. My fingers rest on the keys and start to play melody. It's like they have their own mind. But then I realize I'm playing Perfect Harmony, the love song I dreamed about while I was supposed to be dancing with Nick.

I play and sing through all that I had imagined. I've thought about maybe writing more to it but I don't really know. It's not like Luke and I are together. He probably doesn't even like me in that way. Suddenly I'm startled by a loud thud right outside of the studio doors.

Alex's POV

I've been searching for Willie everywhere. I decide to head back to the studio early cause I'm really tired and pretty upset that willie seems to be nowhere. As I poof outside of the studio that I expect to be empty, I hear someone start to play the piano. It's a beautiful melody. I look through the window and see Julie seated at the piano, her back to me. She starts to sing.

Step into my world

Bittersweet love story bout a girl

Love story? Is this a love song?

Shook me to the core

Voice like an angel I've never heard before

Here in front of me 

Shining so much brighter than I have ever seen 

Life can be so mean

But when he goes I know he doesn't leave

Ok yeah, definitely a love song, and definitely about Luke

The truth is finally breaking through

Two worlds collide when I'm with you.

See? Love song.

Our voices rise and soar so high

We come to life when we're in

Perfect Harmony woah woah

And see? About Luke. 

Perfect harmony woah woah 

We say we're friends 

You're more to me 

Perfect harmony

Holy crap. Julie wrote a love song about Luke. Could she be more obvious? I still don't understand how Luke thinks this girl doesn't like him. I lean closer to the door trying to hear if she says or sings anything else. I lean too far and fall into the door, closing it. I hear a shriek from Julie. I quickly stand up and enter through the other door with my hands up.

"Hey hey! It's just me" I say. She lets out a sigh of relief. 

"What are you doing here so early? I thought you were busy." Julie says.

"I was. But I decided to come home sooner, I was getting pretty tired." I say "I heard your song about Luke." 

"You did? Wait what? Who says it's about Luke? Cause it's definitly not." She says. She's really bad at lying. I'm honestly surprised everyone believes that we're holograms.