16 ~ It's Working

Luke's POV

We walk for a little while before Caleb stops us at a little cafe. "We're here!" He says excitedly. "I'm glad it's stayed here all this time. I used to come here when I was your age. It's where I-" he doesn't finish. It seems like he remembered something that makes him sad. He looks to the ground and frowns. He shakes it off and smiles back up at us again "nevermind. Um follow me" 

He leads us down the side of the building to the back door. It has the familiar HGC logo on the mat in front of the door. "Wait this is another ghost club?" Alex asks. 

"It's actually the original." Caleb replies. "When I first came back as a ghost, I spent all my time here. It's where i came up with my genius plan to form a club. It started here and grew. It's not used very often for big shows anymore, it's more like a ghost cafe now." 

"That's so cool!" I lie. I really hope we finish this soon so we can stop being friends with this psychopath. 

"Well...can we go in, instead of just standing here?" Reggie asks after a minute. "Sorry I just really want a meatball sub" 

"Of course" Caleb says with a chuckle before opening the door. 

The door leads to a dark staircase going down. We descend the steps to find a nice little cafe. It's very cozy and quaint. There are about seven or eight ghosts inside and they all turn and watch us walk in. 

"Caleb! It's good to see you again!" One says, stepping forward. He looks about Caleb's age. He's tall and has brown hair with a small touch of greys at the roots. 

"Samuel!" Caleb replies, pulling Samuel in for a quick hug. "Good to see you've been taking good care of the place" 

"Oh it's my pleasure!" He says. He looks past Caleb, toward the three of us "are these the guys I've heard so much about?" 

"Oh so you've heard about us?" Reggie says with his flirtatious smirk causing Samuel to laugh. 

"Well pretty much every ghost around has heard about you guys." He says "it's nice to know you guys decided to join the Hollywood ghost club!" I smile although inside, I'm filled with rage. Decided? We were forced to. And Caleb didn't even keep his end of the deal. 

"I'm Luke" I say, reaching my hand out. He shakes it. 

"I'm Alex. It's nice to meet you sir" Alex says as he shakes samuels hand.

"Please, call me Sam" he replies, moving on to reggie.

"I'm Reginald Peters." He leans closer to Sam and whispers "I've been told I'm the clueless one but I'm actually the smartest" Alex and I roll our eyes. 

"Well boys, let's get a table" Caleb says looking to Sam, who starts leading us to a booth on the side of the cafe. Alex and reggie run to one side of the table, leaving the seat for me...next to Caleb. I carefully slide in next to him trying to hide my disgust. 

"What can I get yo-" Sam starts

"ALL YOUR MEATBALL SUBS PLEASE" reggie yells. Alex slaps his arm and I glare at him. "What? I really like meatball subs" he rubs his arm Alex hit him. 

"Ok, meatball subs for Reginald" Sam says with a chuckle. "And the rest of you?" 

"I'll take a salad" Alex says. He's so boring, always the healthy one. 

"I'll just have two slices of pizza, a couple cheeseburgers, and maybe some nachos." I say. 

"Just?" Alex says sarcastically. I choose to ignore him.

"And I'll have the usual" Caleb says. 

"Alright, coming right up" Sam says before snapping his fingers, causing the food to appear right in front of us. I don't think I'll ever get used to all this ghost magic.