Air Temple Part 1-

Magsimula sa umpisa

Appa had landed soon after.

I woke up,

Sokka moved to the ground in his sleeping bag.

I moved as well back into the saddle. Appa curled up on the ground.

Aang woke up as well setting a small fire which roared to life. As the fire lit to life my stomach growled as did Sokka's, who looked to be barely awake. He was drooling, I could swear I smelled seal jerky. I'm sure it was nothing. Appa was fast asleep as was Katara. I fell back asleep now laying on the bisons front leg.
---------------------------

It was late dawn when I awoke. My face burning as the skin became dry and cracked.

I immediately sat up trying my hardest not to cry out.

I opened my bag searching through it's contents. I pulled out the whalebone container opening it and dipping my pointer and middle finger only to hit the bottom. I'd grabbed the wrong container I realized.

"Katara!" I whisper yelled shaking my twin awake.

She groaned,

"What?" Tiredly.

"My salve isn't here.. I think we grabbed the wrong container." I responded.

Katara sat up.

"Are you sure?" She asked concerned.

I nodded handing her the empty whalebone container.

"That's not good.." she murmured trailing off.

"I know." I said sourly.

"It'll be alright, I'm sure we can find something at the air temple." Katara assured.

I nodded.

I could manage.

Aang had awoken just as Katara finished braiding her hair, as I finished mine.

"Morning!" Aang greeted cheerfully.

His expression faltered as he saw my face without the blindfold.

"Is everything alright?" He asked. I nodded highly uncomfortable without the blindfold. But Katara had not stopped insisting that I should not have to wear it around them.

I hadn't liked it but had agreed with some caution, as long as I wore it in public places. Who knows, maybe it was just what I needed.

"Yeah, it's just weird without the blindfold." I said honestly facing my head down.

"I think you look great! With or without. It actually looks kinda cool!" Aang said with encouragement.

"Really?" I asked suprised, expecting an insult.

"Yeah!" Aang said.

"We gotta get our stuff together if we're going today." I said.

I pulled my hand back as a small stream of water followed behind it.

I had an idea. Though I was unsure if it would work.

I pressed the water to the aggravated, and heated, dry skin. Which quickly began to cool the area.

I sighed in relief as my shoulders slumped the pain fading though unfortunately not completely gone.

Aang was jumping around like a giddy kid.

"Wait till you see it, Katara! The air temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world!" Aang said tightening Appa's reigns.

"Aang, I know you're excited but it's been a hundred years since you've been home." Katara hinted trying to lighten what they might find.