Chapter 40: Yin & Yang

About a day or two has passed since Kingfin unleashed its attack on the yacht and when you and Shadow fought him. So far, everyone else was in higher spirits ever since. Especially you because you finally got back the childhood friend you've been looking for and right now, you were in Sunny Flare's room conversing about it.

(Y/N): Honestly, I should've seen it coming.

Sunny Flare: Why do you say that, dearie?

(Y/N): I mean, Shad always put others before him so seeing him condescending and egotistical out of the blue just wouldn't make sense.

Sunny Flare: I always thought there was something off about him since he got that pendant but I didn't bother him about it. But hey, at least we got back the Shadow we know and love.

(Y/N): Speaking of love, Shadow told me you rejected him. I was a little shocked because I thought that out of all the Shadowbolt girls you were into him the most.

Sunny Flare: I am but we're siblings and incest isn't something that's praised in many areas dearie.

(Y/N): Well, if you're looking for someone, my harem's always open just as long as they're cool with it.

Sunny Flare: A tempting offer, Y/N but I'm afraid I'll have to decline. Don't get me wrong, I think you're a great guy but I don't know you that well and my heart belongs to Shadow.

(Y/N): Eh. No worries, at least now that I can prove to Shadowlight that even a ladies man like me can get rejected.

Sunny Flare: *chuckles* You and Shadow were destined to be friends. Always seeing the good in everything.

(Y/N): That's how we've always been. I make people laugh and Shadow brings out hope in them.

Sunny Flare: You bring out hope in people too, you know.

(Y/N): Not as much as Shadow. That skeletal shark was an example of that. I was surely about to get digested by it, but thinking about Shadow made me keep going. I was still hoping to test my theory about his pendant at the time and seeing him try to fight that thing by himself while I rotted in it's mouth just didn't feel good. Especially when you're given the title of a savior.

Sunny Flare: It's understandable. Still, there's nothing wrong with sharing the spotlight every so often.

(Y/N): True that. So, concerning you and Shadow. Why doesn't he just find a place of his own? You two wouldn't technically be siblings anymore and that would mean you get to be together.

Sunny Flare: Yeah, I'd like that but I'm fearful of how he'll be able to fend for himself. I mean, he can cook a little but I don't think that'd be enough for him to last and I don't want him getting takeout for somewhere every day since most of those food products aren't that nutritional.

(Y/N): Hmm... I could help him find a job someplace. As for who'll be watching over him... I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Sunny Flare: That sounds like the best course of action. Y/N? Can I say something to you?

You nodded.

Sunny Flare: I just wanted to say that... I'm sorry that we didn't get along very well at the Friendship Games. A part of it was with how my mom was raising me at the time with an addition of how everyone else was acting at CPA. I should have gotten to know you better and it wasn't right for me to act the way I did.

(Y/N): Pfft. Water under the bridge, Sunny. It's all in the past. At least now, you and I are good friends.

Sunny Flare: Yeah, we are. Still, I can't help but wish that things were different during the Friendship Games.