Chapter 26: Magical Suspicions & Phenomenal Cosmic Powers!

You followed Gloriosa and Timber to the thicket as they led you to a hidden area with a small pond as they sat down on a log and started to argue.

Timber Spruce: You are really putting us on thin ice, Glori.

Gloriosa Daisy: How so? They're the ones who wanted to build the dock for us.

Timber Spruce: And you're certain that they can do it? They aren't professional carpenters! They're just a bunch of high school kids!

Gloriosa Daisy: Well, it's not like we have any money left to hire carpenters, Tim! It's all we've got!

Timber Spruce: This is child labor, Glori! Do you know how long the jail time is for that?

Gloriosa Daisy: Oh don't give me that! They're all eighteen and if they aren't, they might be at some point in the future.

Timber Spruce: That's a pretty presumptuous statement, Glori.

(Y/N): Oh will you two just drop it already?

You spoke up which immediately got their attention.

Gloriosa Daisy: O-Oh, heeeeeey, Y/N.

She greeted while nervously scratching the back of her head.

(Y/N): Don't 'hey' me, Glori. Ever since the others and I got here, you two have been subtly bickering and arguing with each other for some reason. And for what? You two were never like this when you were younger. I know people change over time, Shad is living proof of that but I know for a fact that you two would never fight so consistently.

Timber and Gloriosa looked at each other while taking a few glances your way.

Timber Spruce: *sigh* Maybe... we should tell him, Gloriosa. I mean, he is our friend from childhood after all. Maybe he'll be more understanding.

Gloriosa Daisy: No, Timber. That's not a good idea. I don't want him to see me-I mean us differently if we tell him about it.

Timber Spruce: Look, if you don't tell him, it'll only make it worse. This is a guy we haven't seen for years and he comes back to find us hiding something from him? What kind of friends does that make us? Besides, someone's going to find out eventually, why not let him be the first?

Gloriosa Daisy: *sigh* Alright, I guess it's better since we know him personally than any of the other campers.

She turns to you and holds out a necklace she was wearing which had different colored stones on it. You immediately felt a sense of magical power emitting from it.

(Y/N): *thinking* Oh, you have got to be kidding me. Why can't you just leave us alone, Equestrian Magic?! You're like the orcs from Shadow of Mordor/War who constantly stalk you just to kill you!

Gloriosa Daisy: Y/N, there's something you should know... about these geodes I'm wearing.

(Y/N): And I think I have a pretty good guess. They've given you some kind of magical power, right?

Timber Spruce: Y-Yeah! How do you know about that?

(Y/N): It's a long story but let's just say a lot of magic stuff like this has been happening ever since I attended CHS so I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Timber Spruce: Well, you're right. These things possess some sort of power and Gloriosa refuses to give it up. She's become some sort of megalomaniac!

Gloriosa Daisy: I have not! This is just so we can protect our camp!

Timber Spruce: By trapping it in a bunch of vines? That won't do us any good!

Gloriosa Daisy: I wasn't planning on that, Timber! I'm doing this to make this the best week of Camp Everfree ever!