Chapter 38: Mirror Magic

About two days have passed since the whole fiasco regarding that mystery behind the Daring Do film was solved. You haven't seen Juniper Montage since but you had a feeling that she's got a bone to pick with you given that glare she gave you all the last time you saw her. Right now, you and Shadow were walking through the mall conversing over that very day.

Shadow Moonlight: You got Juniper kicked off the set?!

(Y/N): Sure did. Serves her right for being selfish, if you ask me.

Shadow Moonlight: Dude, I owe you my life. Now, she's finally gonna shut up about how "rich and famous" she'll be one day.

(Y/N): I would say that I hope that that's the case, but I don't think so. Before she was kicked off, she gave the girls and me an angry glare. That, to me, implied that she was planning something of the bad sort.

Shadow Moonlight: *sigh* I should've guessed but what can she do? You and the girls all have magic power but she doesn't.

(Y/N): You never know, Shad. Magic could appear anywhere. It was there at the camp, remember?

Shadow Moonlight: Right, I get it but still, it's a relief to hear her pride get hurt.

(Y/N): Heh, well, I'm glad that some good came out of it.

You and Shadow then came to a stop as you noticed some construction going on in front of you.

(Y/N): Oh, dang it. I had no idea there'd be some construction going on.

Shadow Moonlight: It's alright, man. We can just cut around it.

(Y/N): But it's too crowded. And the only way around is through the... perfume department.

You pointed to the aforementioned department as the clerks there were being extra squirty with their perfume bottles today.

Shadow Moonlight: Crap... well, we're not gonna get anywhere just standing here talking about it. *inhales* *exhales* Let's... do it.

(Y/N): *gulps*

You and Shadow collapsed on the other side while panting and gasping.

(Y/N): I always hated going in there!

Shadow Moonlight: You and me both, dude. Only fashionistas like Sunny or Rarity can withstand that place.

(Y/N): Well, at least we managed to get out of there alive.

Shadow Moonlight: Wait... couldn't have we just used our teleportation technique?

You stared at him with a blank expression before facepalming.

(Y/N): We... are morons.

Shadow Moonlight: So it would appear but at the same time, neither of us come here that often so it wouldn't have worked anyway.

(Y/N): Maybe, anywho, now that that nightmare is over with, let's find Sunset and the others.

The two of you continued walking until you spotted Sunset and Sunlight at the central fountain of the mall as you both ran down the escalators to go greet them.

(Y/N): Hey girls. Sorry we're late. Me and Shad were...stuck somewhere.

Sunset Shimmer: It's fine. At least you boys made it.

Shadow Moonlight: Barely...

(Y/N): Anyway, where's the others?

Sunlight Shimmer: Over there with the other Shadowbolts rewatching the music video.