"Anyone want to order some sake?" Mitch tried to draw the attention from me, so that no one would notice what was going on. If you knew Mitch, then you knew that this was the last role he played- taking commando in a social situation and voluntarily getting everyone's attention.

The dinner went by and he had done as Mitch proposed and drunk a whole lot of sake with dinner. It was reaching its end as everyone was full. Next stop was Grimmy's place and everyone was getting ready to leave, ordering ubers and paying.

Just as we all stood up I felt a hand lightly grab my arm. When I looked down I saw her bright eyes flickering nervous between mine.

"Can I just talk to you for a bit?" Bianca asked, unsure but gently. I was shocked at the initiation of a conversation. It was new and strange. The rest of the group was moving towards the exit and I looked as their backs were moving further away. Mitch was the only one who had caught up with us not following them, he looked between us and when his gaze landed on me I gave him reassuring eyes and he turned back around.

"Sure." I finally answered her back, not looking her in the eyes but instead sat back down. I made sure to sit at the edge of my side. She looked around, not sure if she was going to sit down as well but then being forced to sit all the way on the other end, leaving much much space between us. She sighs and goes eventually over to the seat.

There was no doubt in my mind that she was starting to run out of patience with my short and icy behaviour. Treating her like this wasn't fair, but yet- I couldn't let go of the fact that I felt misled and she knew that. So for that, I continued on.

"I haven't texted you." She began, searching for my eyes but I just looked passed them. They were a trap and I was not about to fall for it.

"No." I simply answered. Bianca took a moment to process my short answer, nodding her head with pressed lips when she realised that I was not going to give her anything to work with.

"I wanted to give you space." She continued on, looking down at the table when she realised that it was a lost cause to try and catch them. As she looked away I now took the chance to watch her.

"And I also didn't know what to say." Bianca then admitted. She took a hand full of hair from one side of her head and flipped it over to the other, leaving the bangs intact. My pulse started racing, feeling a last bit of hope for that maybe she could offer more than just friendship.

From my back pocket I got a text, but I ignored it. If Bianca had heard it she was acting like she hadn't, still focusing on what she wanted to say.

"I'm still not sure what to say." She spoke through a frustrated exhale, but it felt like the issue was more so how, than what. Anyway, the little piece of hope flew out the window. Yet I waited for her to lead the conversation. She was the one who had asked to talk, and last time I was the one pushing and asking questions. I was not going to give that to her one more time. She looked up at me and saw my indifferent face.

Another text buzzed in my pocket, but I still chose to ignore it. It was one thing to be present and still cold in a conversation, but to look at your phone is cold, rude and immature. I continued on focusing on the conversation.

"I've been open with you, so I don't know what to say either." I spoke low and cold, still not giving her much but at least this was something. She tilted her head, knowing that the ball was still in her court. She let out another sigh, if she was frustrated with me this time or herself I didn't know. But if Bianca was about to continue this conversation the waiter walking up next to her interrupted us when he looked directly at me.

"I'm sorry, but I thought you'd like to know that there are paparazzi outside...And a lot of them." He informed me. My focus shifted immediately by the confusion, this didn't happen as much anymore. I made sure to thank the waiter and he walked away. I cleared my throat and leaned over the table.