Chapter 64

Harry's POV

"Man..." I heard a mocking chuckle and I whipped my head in its direction, seeing Mitch walk through the gate with a shaking head, "You had ten minutes to wipe that crushing grin off your face..."

I laughed pushing myself off the car that I had stayed leaning on. What he said was true. I had waited a while since Bianca left to go get Mitch. Guess I just didn't notice I was still foolishly smiling for myself.

"Coming from Mister 'I only smile when I'm with Sarah'." I teased back, throwing him the car key to give him a chance to drive it. A corner of his mouth pulled to the side with an unwanted simper as he caught it and processed what I had said.

Mitch then backed out and started driving to Shangria La. On our way we picked up some food, junk food on his command for me making him leave to go make music this late. Somehow I had managed to get Tyler and Tom to meet us, also bribing them with chips and burgers.

"This girl must have magic pouring out from her fingertips." Tom spoke as I set the bags with all of the food on the kitchen table of the studio. They were all quick to dive right into them. I however was too eager to get going with my idea so while they handed out all of the food, I went to grab a guitar.

"Something like that." I answered back shamelessly happily over my shoulder as I walked away from them.

"Fuck writing a love letter, no- Mr Styles over here decides to make a full ass album for the girl instead." Tyler continued where we left off in the conversation with a low chuckle when I returned with the guitar in my hand.

They had already sat down to eat and I sat down in front of what could only be my plate of food.  It caused both Tom and Mitch to snicker lowly with food all in their mouths, overly amused. I decided to let them have their fun and settled for not commenting on it. Instead I showed a few chips in my mouth before I leaned back on the chair, placing the guitar more comfortably in my lap.

Not really feeling hungry but instead feeling immensely inspired, I couldn't care less about the food in this moment. Not only had Bianca inspired me- like she always was... But the song she had played also stirred up unexpected feelings, causing me to reflect further and deeper within myself.

Through the silence of only munching hungry mouths, I let my fingers dance over the strings. I was on a mission of finding the perfect melody for this exact song. After all, I knew exactly what type of song this was going to be. I had made a promise, and that promise I would keep.

As soon as I heard it, I knew that was it. I had found it. This melody was exactly it. Even better, the acoustics of the kitchen made it sound so cool. 

"Golden, golden, golden, golden." I sang, raising a bit in tone with each saying of it.

Not only was it a metaphor for her. She being exactly that, golden. But it also perfectly captured PCH, the sunset going down just to try and match her. I knew that in the end, it would be rewarding, I would find gold. At least that was what the tarot reader assured me from my understanding. In the end, I would find happiness, I would find The Sun.

The three of them joined in in different harmonies, still chewing a bit on their food. But when we heard the magic it created, they lost focus on the food and concentrated on the marvel.

"This is going to work." Tom spoke as he licked his fingers with the grease from the burger, setting it back down on his plate, "A blast of vintage seventies SoCal soft rock."

Tyler started nodding while humming agreeingly on his straw, "A hint of Laurel Canyon vibes again, but with more suffused mellowness, layered in guitars and harmonies." He spoke between sips before he once again started on the cycle of "golden" again, singing it over and over again.