Chapter 44

Harry's POV

"We've arrived." My driver spoke from the front seat. I looked out on the street we had parked on, with the front door directly in front of me.

"Thank you." I turned quickly and smiled at him.

Returning to watch the front door and knowing that it would soon open, I started to feel nervous. I hadn't been nervous at all up until now. Since the idea came to me, I had been sure, there had been no doubt in my mind. Did I do it on a swift? Yes, I did. Did I not think it through? No, I didn't. But that day of the concert was enough to make me sure of it.

Everyone was walking past each other in my dressing room, getting ready for our first tour show in London. At least everyone except Sarah, who sat on the sofa with her phone in her hand, being in charge of the music and trying to connect it to the speaker to set the mood before the show. She laughed for herself by the thought that must've popped up in her head.

"What are you laughing about by yourself?" Adam questioned in a small chuckle while grabbing a water bottle and sitting down next to her. Sarah paused her scrolling to find the right tune.

"Did you know that Bianca got to do her first tracklist for BBC this thursday?" She answered him back, and my ears sharpened, "Not all of it, but a lot of it. The first track was hers, remember that one?" She continued and turned to Adam who I saw nodded eagerly meanwhile swallowing his sip of water through the corner of my eye.

"Oh, that's great! I need to write and congratulate her." Clare cut into their conversation from the mirror where she was fidgeting with some earrings, responding instead of Adam. I was buttoning up my suit when Mitch walked up with two water bottles, giving me knowing eyes.

"Yeah, she was really proud about it on the phone." Sarah spoke louder in Clare's direction. Mitch leaned on the wall next to me while I kept my head low and finally took one of the bottles from him.

"You talked to her? How is she?" Clare asked and I looked up at Mitch again before leaning my shoulder next to him on the wall, both our gazes saying things without needing words. I could feel how Sarah batted an eye in my direction with my movement, but I acted like I wasn't invested in their conversation, when in reality my full attention was there despite the mix of people running in and out of the room. She quickly turned her focus back to Clare again.

"Things are going well for her, so she's good." She began surely, taking a long second while she thought her next words through.

"I asked her if she wanted to come today." She said, and my heart dropped. With no control over myself my head turned to Sarah, racing along with the beating in my chest that was picking up its pace. Sarah raised her eyeline from the floor up to mine, firmly watching me before she continued like she didn't just pierce me with her already piercing eyes. Dare I say it felt daring, and the pause she took was excruciating long. Mitch looked between us for a moment before she broke our eye contact and moved it along to Clare again and left me waiting. Waiting for the next sentence to slip through her lips felt like a lifetime, but what I waited for- I wasn't sure.

"She couldn't come." She added, batting an eye in my direction again after her revealing the verdict.

And with the verdict, I still wasn't sure what I had been waiting for. The truth was that I didn't know if I really wanted her to come or not. One side of me longed to lay my eyes on her again, it was craving her radiating light. Another side of me burned with the possibility of seeing her, my ego holding its grudge still. My eyes flickered down to my feet as the feeling simmered down.