XXIII: Return of Knights

Aira and William rode in

Aira and William rode in. William had the bandit with him, and a rag was over his mouth to keep him from talking. The feeble knight was with Aria, holding onto her as she pulled Exodus' head back. Guards and men came to William's aid, taking the man from him and hauling him away until he was needed further. The others went to Aria, helping the knight down from her horse. Some of the guards had a brief expression of shock with their eyes widen and their mouths parted before calling for a physician.

Some of the guards whispered to one another, finding it hard to understand who the knight was since he no longer looked the part. Yet, the insignia pin of his house stabbed to his clothes was proof. He had hidden the pin from the bandit for months, hoping they would never discover it for it helped him remain a sense of identity in the dark cells.

Suyi was not far behind them, using the shadows as a means of transportation. A few of the guards kept their gazes on her, although they did not make it appear obvious. Suyi came to Aria's side, helping her while she lowered herself from Exodus. Some of the stablemen quickly gathered the horses' reins, pulling them away and into temporary stables.

Suyi nodded her head as she looked up at the vast wall that stretched above as she gave a slight whistle. Turning around, she looked towards the small shops and crowds within the distance of the inner town.  There was a sight smile that crept across her dark skin Aria felt a tugging feeling at her lips as well just from the gleam within Suyi's eyes. However, that feeling quickly faded the moment her eyes landed on a familiar figure who strolled towards them.

Zaydn made his way down the hill with his hair was gathered into a bun near the back while his bangs were tucked behind his ear. He was in a deep maroon robe that had a special pattern against it. William's head fell into his arms the moment he approached. Suyi brought her hands to her lips, whispering something loud enough for Aria to hear.

"By the gods, there's two of them."

"Well, I see your halfling counter grew from one to two on this trip," Zaydn laughed as he moved his hands behind his back. "You must attract them like flies to shit. That and people typically a lower status than you."

"Who are you calling lower than," Suyi chimed while placing her hands on her hip. "For all you know I'm a queen where I live. I noticed you picked up two more flies on your walk over here Eqos, you must attract them. I heard they're attracted to shit."

Zaydn's mouth was agape, as well as Aria's. William laughed to himself. Suyi lifted her hand, giving a rude gesture before walking past him. Aria watched as she ran up the hill, making her way towards the shops that surrounded the small space. William went to his brother, patting his shoulder with a smile.

"Now you see what I've been dealing with," William said. Zaydn pointed over his shoulder and William merely nodded his head. "She's very brash, don't you think?"

"I must say I was not expecting that," Zaydn laughed. "Although to talk about brash halflings wasn't why I'm here. I've come to tell you to run."

Aria cocked her head and raise an eyebrow at the comment from Zaydn. William's face grew pale and a fake smile quickly spread over his face. A woman with long curly, blonde hair began to stroll down the hill. Her dress was the color of the sky with jewels that hung from her neck like a noose.