XV: Savage of Venom

Cracking his knuckles, Aldrich raised his fist against Drake

Cracking his knuckles, Aldrich raised his fist against Drake. His golden rings plunged deep into Drake's skin, printing a mark against his cheek as well as tearing his skin. Drake fell back, banging his head against the wooden table. He held his face, feeling the warm blood spill from the fresh cuts on his face.

"You sent one of your snakes to attack Lukosea!" Aldrich growled while adjusting his fingerless gloves. "Not only that but you tried to hide the fact that one of the camps was attacked." Aldrich grabbed Drake's collar, pulling him forward to struck his fist on his jaw.

"I did not want to bother you with such small things," Drake said while raising his hands, showing Aldrich his palms. Blood flowed from his busted lip. He kept his head low, refusing to look into the beastly eyes of Aldrich.

Once again, his fist struck Drake's face. With a jerk, he pushed Drake against the table. Drake's lower back jabbed into the ends of the table, making him cry out in pain. Aldrich gritted his teeth, then dragged Drake onto the table. He pressed his arm against Drake's neck, choking him.

"You call them small things! You ruined years of work!" Aldrich spat while throwing Drake against the ground.

Aldrich tugged the string of his fur cloak, and pulled it over his shoulder and dropped it onto the wooden chair beside the crackling fire. He turned on his heels, pulling the dagger from his hip, and spun the dagger and lifted it towards Drake. The tip of the blade touched the underneath of Drake's chin. A single move and Drake would have his blood spilled onto the floor. Pulling his head back, he pushed Aldrich's arm back.

"They just showed up!" Drake screamed, holding his hands out to Aldrich. Aldrich stopped. "The reason I sent the snake there was to see why they suddenly showed up at our camp!"

Why did a small group of knights show up?

Aldrich's gut told him something was wrong. He looked down at Drake, noticing he was gripping the side of his shirt with his other hand.  Aldrich pursed his lips. Drake often did that when he was either lying or withholding information. His blood boiled, and he was ready to simply throw him into the firepit now simply for lying. However, he needed him.

Aldrich clenched his teeth. His grip shook the blade as he lowered it, and then he threw it into the nearby wooden post of his tent. Lifting his hands, he placed his hands onto Drake's face.

"You've always been loyal to me, for that, I'll overlook this mistake. Don't do this again, or I really will kill you next time." Aldrich pushed him away and rose to his feet. Brushing off his tunic, he turned around and began to walk back to his war table, until Drake grabbed his ankle.

Aldrich turned around while he bore his teeth. Drake had his face pressed against the dirt floor, almost looking like he was bowing to him. His body shook as he slowly drew back his hand before speaking.

"Please," Drake pleaded. "I have failed you. I beg that you whip for what I have done. I won't be able to forget my failure unless you whip me."

A smile curved on Aldrich's lips as he laughed through his nose. Using his dirt-covered boot, he raised Drake's chin. His hazel eyes met with Drake's while he motioned his hand for him to get up. Drake pulled himself up to his feet, using the nearby wooden pole to help him. Aldrich left Drake's side and went to pick up his fur cloak off of the chair.