Untitled Part 25

I promise I'll update more I swear! And I totally headcanon that Fintan is a soft parent and just,,,, cannot handle their kids. So Sophie tells him to just do what she does and he is just very bad at being a strict person. Also, angst with a cute ending.

"You're so annoying."

"Well, you are too."

"AM NOT!"

"ARE TOO!"

"Oookay. Why don't you just-" I gently try to separate our twins.

"You're a wimp dad!"

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah!"

"Um... Sophie? Are you... I need help! Now! Please?"

"I'm coming, Fintan! Honestly, can't you deal with them?"

"I don't wanna hurt them..."

"Fintan, you couldn't hurt a fly- literally. You didn't even catch one. Go deal with it. I'm in the middle of something."

"Okaaay, Maiya, please, will you get off your sister? You're squishing her. And Alana, apologize for knocking down her blocks. For me?"

"You're no fun!" Alana mutters, and I sigh, helping them both up and telling them to go to their rooms.

"You can't make me!"

~~~~

"Alana got in detention for a whole week!" Maiya exclaims to me, her eyes wide.

"Well... that's... um, nice."

"Here she comes." I sigh, pointing at her room and calling Alana over.

"Is it true that you got detention?"

"Yesss... technically! But it was Min's fault, I swear!"

"What did Mintie do?" I ask her.

"She yelled at me in the middle of class and now I'm in detention! Mom's gonna be so mad!"

"Um... I'm here too." I point out, and she shrugs.

"Yeah, but that's different. You don't-"

"Don't what? I would be very careful what you say next, because I saw the new telescope you snuck in."

"Daaaad!"

"Go on. Go upstairs. We can talk about this later."

~~~~

"Councillor Maiya! Councillor Maiya!" I sniff, eyes streaming as she walks up for her circlet.

"Dad, stop. You're embarrassing me." I hear her soft transmission, but there's a smile on her face.

"Okay, okay." I mutter crossly, but there's no malice in it.

Councillor.

My daughter is a councillor.

~~~~

"I'm so happy for you!" I whisper, smiling at Alana as I let her out of the hug.

"Now, remember, if she doesn't treat you well-"

"Daaaad! Mintie's fine! Leave her alone! And stop being embarrassing." I laugh and wave for her to show me how she looks in her dress.

"You look so beautiful. Just like your mother did in it-"

"Dad, I told you to stop-"

~~~~

I guess it was worth it.