Untitled Part 23 (Vampire AU ish?)

It was dark. Not a soul in sight. Except Sophie and her 'friend' Fintan.

"Idiot." I mutter, throwing him against a wall.

"Shut up, Sophie!"

"Why don't you?" I snarl, digging my claws into his warm, soft flesh. I take a deep breath of the scent of blood.

"You know, they say the sweetest blood is our own." I muse, "So why don't we find out?" I tenderly scrape along his wound, licking the blood from my hands.

"Hm, I think it's right. Just one taste, I promise." I add, when he whimpers at my declaration.

"Stop-" I cover his mouth, smearing his cheek with his own blood. His cries fade to soft begging.

"You know I keep my promises, Fintan. Stop it." I order, pulling back his shirt to lick away the blood. He lets out a sigh at the gentle touch, and I smile.

"See? I told you."

"Ow..."

"Now, as far as anyone knows, that was from a cat, wasn't it?" I ask him, smirking as I tip his head up.

"Y-yes, commander." Yes, Sophie's a retired commander. Leave me alone.

"Good. And don't call me that, commander."

"I'm retired too."

"I know, so don't call me that and I won't call you that either."

"...Fine."

"Cool. Now let's go back and explain why we don't have any hostages. Maybe it's the idiot in front of me." I snarl, dragging him with me.

"Ugh. No, I just-"

"Accidentally let them all run off while you napped?"

"I'm tired, okay? I had like zero hours of sleep yesterday."

"Mnnghhh" He adds, and I laugh.

"Then we'll rest before we go back. Tomorrow we'll see if we can track down all those humans again." I say, beckoning him to lie down next to me.

Fintan's POV

I wake up with someone curled up against me. I gulp, careful not to dislodge Sophie as I get up. She lets out a mew, telling me to come back. No, not telling. She's begging.

"Come on, Kyle... don't leave again..." I realize that's her old friend, who turned her in to the humans. I wince, cradling her in my arms. She sighs, burying her head in my neck. Her breath fogs in the air as she whimpers, clinging to me.

"Okay, honey. We have to get up..." It slips out.

"Did you just call me honey?" Her voice blurs softly, and I smile, stroking her hair.

"You can stay here if you want."

"No, I can't. We hafta-"

"No, we don't. Stop. You look really sick." I tell her.

"It was that human, the one with the werewolf blood. I can't drink another werewolf's blood."

"What-"

"I'm a hybrid, Fintan. I thought that was why you hated me."

"I don't, and... well, to be frank, does Miyan know?"

"Of course. You always have to tell the leader what blood you have. She's not an annoying bigot."

"Good. Because you're going to have to get up so we can go back."

"No, I can't."

"Why?"

"Because... it's dangerous. You have to understand. It spreads really fast. You probably have it already."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't remember. It makes your memory weird."

"Oh. Not 'cuz you hate me?"

"No, actually. I don't hate you. You hate me."

"No, I don't! You were the one that put a prank elixir in my drink."

"No, I didn't. Elira did that, idiot."

"Oh."

"But you're my idiot."