Chapter 51

Azula and Kaiyo were both currently in her room after the whole Fire Bending fiasco earlier today.

The raven haired girl had a cup of tea in her hands as she absentmindedly stared down liquid.

Kaiyo was crouching down in front of her with an unreadable expression on his face, he looked from the tea to Azula, "You know...the tea is not going to drink itself, right?"

Azula jerked in surprise before stuttering, "Huh, O-Oh...right."

She took a sip of the tea and closed her eyes to relish in its taste. Kaiyo's lip twitched for a millisecond before he cleared his throat.

Azula placed down her tea cup and lowered her head to stare at her hands, "What's happening to me, Kaiyo...?"

The white haired teen huffed, "Something I hope I'm wrong about..."

Azula removed her gaze from her hands and redirected them to Kaiyo, whom had to take a deep breath before gesturing to the porch.

Azula followed him and they both eventually ended up sitting side by side as the sun was shining in the sky, bring out the fresh green grass of the yard.

"Where do Firebenders draw their explosiveness from, Azula?" Kaiyo suddenly asked her and the raven haired girl raised a brow.

"Kaiyo... I don't need a lesson on Firebending... no offense, but--"

"Just answer the damn question woman," Kaiyo sighed and held the bridge of his nose.

Azula rolled her eyes, "From our anger and rage."

"Right," Kaiyo nodded and licked his lips before biting his bottom one, "So, if that's the case...then that means whatever you used to be angry at...it no longer has the same effect."

Azula's eyes widened and she blushed when she finally figured it out as well, "O-Oh...shit..."

"What's the matter?" Kaiyo glanced at her and Azula quickly deflected.

"N-Nothing," she waved her hands in an attempt to throw him off, "Nothing at all..."

"To understand why you lost it, I need to know...was it a person or a situation that made you angry?" Kaiyo asked her with a raised brow.

"W-Well...it was...a person," Azula played with her fingers and stared down at her lap.

"Then that means that you've stopped hating them then?" Kaiyo asked, surprised that Azula could actually forgive.

"Hey, don't make it sound like I'm a that much of a bitch!" she shoved Kaiyo whom released a breath of amusement.

"Yeah...whatever," Kaiyo closed his eyes and took in the mid-day brilliance of their surrounding.

Azula found herself staring at Kaiyo intently, from his white hair to all of his imperfections...but they didn't matter to her...not anymore.

Her heart was beating erratically, she cleared her throat before looking forward as well.

Azula's mind suddenly registered something and looked down at her hands, "If I can't Firebend...then that means--"

"Is something wrong?" Kaiyo asked her as he glanced in her direction.

Azula's face showed worry as she began hyperventilating, "Kaiyo...if I can't firebend...t-then I won't be able to save Aunt Ming...which means I won't be able to go back for Zuzu-- O-Ozai was right...I'm a failure without him--"

"Hey-Hey," before Kaiyo could register what was going on, he hugged her...he actually wrapped his arms around her and brought her in to his chest, "....What did he put into your head?"