Chapter 19

In the frozen landscape of the North Pole, Team Avatar is currently flying Appa over the sea as they scoured their eyes in search of the Northern Water Tribe.

Kaiyo is currently at the reigns whilst Aang, Katara and Sokka were snuggled in some blankets that he had given them.

"You know," Sokka suddenly said as he glanced over Appa's saddle into the ocean, "I'm not one to usually complain, but can't Appa fly any higher."

Aang, suddenly regaining all of the energy he lost, shot up from under his blanket, "I have an idea, why don't we all get your back so we can all fly to the Northern Water Tribe!"

"Kids--" Kaiyo sighed as he was interrupted.

"I think that's a great idea," Sokka sassed, "Climb on everyone," he pointed to his back, "Sokka's ready for take off!" Momo hopped on his back.

"Kids--" Kaiyo tried once again only to be interrupted by Katara.

"Could you both be quiet, I'm trying to sleep here!" the girl of the group interjected snuggling herself deeper into her blanket.

"Me?!"

"Me?!"

Sokka and Aang shouted simultaneously, earning a groan from Katara.

"Kids, I really think we should--"

"He started it!"

"He started it!"

Aang and Sokka pointed to eachother.

"No, you did!"

"No, you did!"

Sokka, Aang and Katara then all started to argue, each one of them trying to get their voices higher than the other.

"HEY!" Kaiyo had enough, "All of you rugrats shut your traps or I swear to the spirits that I WILL turn this Bison around and fly us straight back home!"

The kids all died down and bowed their heads.

"Sorry."

"Sorry."

"Sorry."

The kids all seemed to calm down.

"Thank you," Kaiyo sighed, "Look, we're all probably just a little stressed right now because we've been flying for two days straight. So...I suggest you all lay down and get some rest, okay?"

The kids were all about to do lie when suddenly a giant icicle shot out of the water. "Woah!" Kaiyo shouted as he maneuvered his way around it.

The kids all hung on for dear life and screamed as Appa swayed violently. Kaiyo tried to find his bearings again only for Appa to get caught up in another icicle as it shot out of nowhere.

The flying-bison swerved out of control before being subsequently trapped in ice as it froze all around his body.

The beast groaned and Oka whined along with him before growling, signaling Kaiyo that whomever did this was getting closer.

The white haired teen glanced around him before signaling Oka to calm down by whistling and petting Appa's head.

"It's alright, boys...we're alright," Kaiyo saw the boats clearly and recognized them now, "They're from the Northern Water Tribe..."

"We've found the Water Tribe!" Katara exclaimed, excited that they were finally able to find the thing they've been searching for since the beginning of their journey.

Kaiyo suddenly took a blanket and spread it over Oka, effectively hiding the wolf when no one as looking.

The wolf whined, "It's gonna be alright, buddy...just hang back a little bit."