Chapter 50

Currently situated near a river stream somewhere outside of the Fire Nation Capital. An old little house stood out as its inhabitants were busying themselves with training.

Jet and Smeller-Bee were currently sparring as Long-Shot was sharpening his archery skills in the yard.

As Jet tripped Smeller-Bee and she fell to the ground with a groan, she closed her eyes and winced.

"Alright, you got me," Smeller-Bee gave up as she laid flat on her back, exhausted from the training.

Jet chuckled as he extended a hand for her, "That was better."

Smeller-Bee huffed as she took his outstretched hand got up with a smile, "Hey, I wonder if Kaiyo's awake yet?"

Long-Shot shrugged whilst Jet hummed, "I don't know...I'll go check on him."

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea," Smeller-Bee said as she went back to doing some standard sword swings.

As Jet made his way towards one of the bedrooms of the old house, he knocked on the door, "Hey Kaiyo, you awake?"

There was no answer, so Jet knocked again, "Kaiyo? I'm coming in..." he slid the door open and noticed the bed and everything made up properly.

Jet squinted his eyes as he went and glanced around the room, "Huh...not here..."

He suddenly smirked before leaving the room.

Meanwhile in another room of the house, Azula's unconscious body is currently laid out on a futon with a tight sheet covering most of her body which had bandages.

Kaiyo sat next to her bed as he looked down at her delicate features. The white haired teen no longer had bandages on his body, but traditional Fire Nation robes which he found in the home.

The place where he was burned had now left a giant scar on the left side of his chest that now stretched to his neck and chin.

His longer white hair was still there as he simply chose not to cut it. To his side, there was a journal and to his left, was a sleeping wolf.

As Kaiyo continued to sit there in silence, his mind wandered to an earlier conversation he had with someone about a few days ago...

..

As Kaiyo was laying in bed with Reika sitting there, healing him. The healer noticed that he seemed lost.

She hummed, "Well...Princess Azula seemed nice..."

...

Kaiyo narrowed his eyes as the morning birds sang their tunes and Azula remained asleep.

..

Kaiyo scoffed before looking to the wall closest to him. Reika looked down, "You know I meant what I said earlier...you were found a few days ago...by her..."

Kaiyo narrowed his eyes slightly as his icy blues suddenly found the wall of the room the most interesting thing ever.

..

The White Wolf refused to move, even as his body beckoned him to do so, he couldn't...he wouldn't...and he didn't know why...

..

"And eventhough I've been healing you...she'd never left your side...not once..." Reika continued to heal Kaiyo, "It was almost like..."
Reika took Kaiyo's chin into one of her hands and made him look at her, "...You two had a connection."

..

Kaiyo sighed and closed his eyes before looking down, "Why couldn't you just let me continue hating, Azula...for the love of everything Holy..."