Chapter 15

Kaiyo, along with the rest of Team Avatar are currently sitting near a lake hidden away from any open areas, resting after a particularly long journey.

The eldest of the teens was currently teaching Sokka how to catch a fish using only a bow and arrow.

It seemed difficult at first seeing as Sokka didn't particularly like using the bow, but with time it began to grow on him. It was faster than sitting around all day waiting for a fish to nibble on bait.

Suddenly a giant fish leaped out of the water and twirled, catching the attention of Aang and Katara.

"Look!" Katara shot to her feet and pointed it out with a smile.

Sokka got to his feet, dropping the arrow that he was holding, "It's like he's taunting us...."

Kaiyo sighed, "Patience, Sokka. The key in fishing is--"

"You are so going to be dinner!" Sokka suddenly grabbed his bow that Kaiyo bought for him along with two arrows, one of them in his mouth and the other in his hand.

"Why do I even try?" Kaiyo released a breath and lowered his head slightly. He then looked to Aang whom was busy playing with a piece of string, "Aang...is that our fishing line?"

"Oh...yeah!" Aang levitated to his feet and showed off his piece of work which was in the form of a necklace now, "I thought we wouldn't need it...plus--" he looked to Katara and blushed slightly, "--y'know, since Katara lost her necklace, I thought I'd make her a new one."

Kaiyo raised a brow, but smirked non the less, "Did you now?"

"Aww," Katara came and accepted it, "Thanks Aang, I love it."

"Great Aang," Sokka mumbled with the arrow in his mouth, "Maybe if this whole saving the world thing doesn't work out...you can go into the jewelry making business."

"Now--Now Sokka," Kaiyo came to the rescue as he got up and went over to Sokka in the water, "Don't tease, or do I have to bring up Suki?"

Kaiyo wrapped his arm around Sokka and smirked, to which Sokka eyes widened and he blushed beet red.

"I-I'll just get back to fishing now," Sokka looked back to the water and Kaiyo chuckled.

"Good, now concentrate on the fish," Kaiyo stepped back and hopped onto a giant piece of rock that acted as a miniature island.

Sokka followed the vertebrate's movement, "Good," Kaiyo praised, "Now that you've locked onto it, draw your arrow back," the younger teen did as asked when Oka suddenly came and sat on the rock as well.

"Now, fire!" Sokka released the arrow and it stuck the fish.

Sokka opened his mouth wide and the extra arrow fell, "Did you see that?!" Sokka hopped around and grabbed the fish, "Katara! Aang, did you guys see what I did?!"

Kaiyo chuckled as Sokka hugged him tightly whilst hopping lightly as well, "Alright, now we have to scale it, which I know you can do already."

Sokka groaned, "But that's the boring part."

The rest of the team laughed at his expression. They stopped laughing once they heard the roar of a wild animal.

"What's that?!" Katara asked alarmed.

Momo suddenly flew off and Aang followed, "Someone's being attacked by a platypus-bear!"

Kaiyo and Sokka nodded to each other before running off to see where Aang was pointing, Oka hot on their trails.