Chapter 3

Arriving back at the tribe, Kaiyo immediately told the kids, "Get Aang to your Gran, tell her what happened and let her.... talk to him, okay."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sokka asked with one of his brows raised and lips jutted out.

"Just... let her talk to him. She'll understand," he gathered the fishing rods and began to advance back to his tent on the vacant end of the camp where mostly crates and supplies were held.

"Hey, aren't you coming too?" Katara asked as she rushed to him to which he turned back.

"I'm tired," he looked down at Oka whom was already looking at him, "And Oka must be hungry too so, see ya." He raised his hand as he walked away with his back was to them. "Take care, Aang!"

"Uh, Bye!"the airbender hollered as he watched Kaiyo and Oka leave. "I like them!" Sokka and Katara looked to Kaiyo as he left.

....

As the next morning arrived Kaiyo did his usual morning routine; woke up, freshened up, and made his tea all the while Oka followed him.

As he exited his tent and let the sun sink in he heard a commotion going on in the middle of camp causing him to sigh. 'Somehow, I think I know what it's about.'

He looked down to Oka only for the wolf to already be looking up at him, "Nope, I'm not going to see what's it about."

Oka merely perked his ears, "You know why!" Oka licked his paw, "Ugh, fine.... this is so troublesome...." he began to walk to camp with his morning tea in hand.

As he made it there, he had enough time to hear what they were talking about, "No one has seen an airbender in a hundred years. Naturally we thought they were extinct until my grandson and granddaughter found you."

Aang looked worried, "E-Extinct..."

Kaiyo merely sighed.

"Aang, this is my grandmother," Katara introduced.

"You can call me gran-gran," their grandmother said as she stepped forward.

It was then that Sokka took Aang's staff and they both got into a bout about whether or not humans could fly. Kaiyo and Oka watched as the scene unfolded.

Aang tapped his staff and then flaps of some sort extended giving it characteristic of some kind of kite.

It was then that he took off and the kids all seemed to enjoy his 'magic trick' prompting Kaiyo to smile.... it then however disappeared.

"Think he knows...." Kaiyo asked as he took a sip of his tea while continuing to watch Aang glide through the sky.

"I do not know, but it doesn't seem likely," gran-gran said as she stood by his side wincing when she saw Aang crash into Sokka's watchtower.

It was then that murmurs started circulating...

"Look, it's him."

"I can't believe he was sent back here."

"How is he still allowed in the camp?"

Gran-Gran was about to say something to Kaiyo only for her to see him already walking off, "I'll see you around, Grams."

Gran-Gran held a sympathetic look as she looked back to see mothers holding onto their children. She sighed before going to Katara, telling her not to have too much faith in Aang.

....

Kaiyo ended up spending the rest of his time in his tent sharpening his dual blades, reading, the occasional tea and basically lounging about.