Chapter 49

As the world around him was dark, Kaiyo willed himself to open his eyes and gasp for breath.

He squinted his eyes as he could the Northern Lights for some reason. He looked around himself to see that he was in a frozen tundra.

He felt a presence behind him, "Hello...Kaiyo..."

Kaiyo slowly sat up and turned around to see a giant White Wolf sitting there, just staring at him.

"Okami..." Kaiyo muttered as he groaned and got up.

The giant wolf's fur moved with the brisk breeze of the Spirit World, "It's been a while, boy..."

"Yeah...tell me about it," Kaiyo rotated one of his shoulders and looked around before glancing back to Okami, "Why am I here?"

"Can't an almighty Spirit speak to his second half just for the hell of it?" Okami asked, as if it the most normal thing in the world.

Kaiyo had a deadpanned look, "Well, you've never tried before, I can tell you that much."

Okami chuckled, "As perceptive as ever I see..."

"Yeah, whatever..." Kaiyo looked off into the snowy wasteland in wonder, "He's dead you know..."

"Am I supposed to know who you're referring to?" Okami asked and Kaiyo sighed.

"Aang...I-I couldn't save him," Kaiyo clenched his fists, "But I guess you must be happy about that...huh."

Okami still sat where he was, unnerved by Kaiyo's slight jab, "I suppose I should be..."

"What's that supposed to mean now? You expect me to believe that you didn'twant him dead?" Kaiyo asked the spirit of war.

Okami simply stood up and walked pass him, "Our time seems to be up yet again, Kaiyo."

Kaiyo suddenly scoffed, "Hey! You don't get to walk away when I'm talking to you!"

A whirlwind of snow suddenly began to pick up and Kaiyo could barely see Okami now.

The wolf stopped his advance and looked back to Kaiyo, "I may not be the most helpful spirit, Kaiyo... but if there's at least one lesson that I can leave with you, It would have to be... what happened in the past, should stay in the past... and instead, you should focus on the present... so that you may have a better future..."

"Wait! Okami!" Kaiyo reached out as the snow began to cloud his sight, "What sort of bullshit advice was that--HEYYY!!"

..

Kaiyo slowly opened his eyes and found himself on a soft surface, there was light coming from a window and the room seemed nice and comfy enough as his blue eyes slowly surveyed the surroundings.

His eyes then landed on a certain raven haired girl, whom was looking outside of the window of the room.

His eyes widened slightly and his muscles constricted, he tried moving, but ultimately found that he was chained to the bed.

"Kaiyo, you're awake!" Reika's voice is heard and Kaiyo glanced to the door to see the healer standing there with tears in her eyes, "Thank goodness!"

The girl rushed towards him and dived into the bed to give him a bonecurshing hug, Kaiyo gave a pained chuckle, "Hey...What did I miss...?"

Kaiyo's eyes immediately went to Zuko whom just entered, he glared and Zuko merely scratched his head and avoided eye contact.