39| Regret

No one in particulars POV

Daniel scratched down his face repeatedly, sitting against his cold, cracked bedroom door, crying in agony, straining his throat raw from exhaustion.

Kicking his leg against the metal bed repeatedly, trying to make this black pain go away, but thick salty tears leaked down his red face when the regret of Alexa was eating at him.

Shooting pains went down his legs when his kick hit a pressure point causing him to fall back onto the hard splintered floor.

But he refused to care about any possible injuries and ignored the burning sensations in his blood shod eyes when more tears dropped freely off his face onto the dusted floor. Feeling like he had just thrown out his hip, he doubled over in pain, pressing his arms against his torso, trying to hold back the scream of pain that was itching to leave his mouth.

Sniffing heavily, making his nose painfully sore, he rubbed away the sticky wet tears that had stuck to his face.

He struggled to comprehend what was going on when he felt his arms shaking.

Was it the agony of losing his only daughter?

Or was it the drugs?

Why did he listen to those men?

"UUUGGGGHHHAAAAHHHGGGGG" he groaned, which turned into a cry of frustration. Dipping his head deep into his hands, trying to get his breathing back to a reasonable rate, but failing when all he could do was wallow on his own self pity considering he bought this on himself.

Daniel attempted to regain composure, but his body wasn't his anymore.

When his eyes scanned and dodged all the mess of his room that looked like he had been hit by a tornado, skipping out on all his laundry that probably hadn't been washed in ages, he finally came across the plastic bag.

But he couldn't.

No, he could.

He couldn't, this cost him his daughter.

Trying to fight off the urges, he banged his fist repeatedly against the wall, his breath now becoming quicker and hoarse, he tugged his hair despite the pain it bought to his red scalp.

And just when he thought all was lost, attempting to stop the dizziness that was taking over, he saw the cracked photo behind his small bedside table of Beatrix.

Just seeing her face, it was as if a cog started turning in his head.

Maybe it was her big brown eyes, looking forward at him, as if she were there in the room with him.

Or maybe it was her smile.

But there was something about the memories that made his breathing- steadier.

Placing his hand over his chest trying to calm himself down, it was as if this wave of relief washed over him.

Barely being able to stand, he attempted to make his way over to the photo, being blind to everything around him.

Clearing the fist out of his eyes and trying not to slice his fingers from the millions of shards of hard glass, just waiting to cut him, he carefully picked up the frame. His hands shaking carelessly, but his brain repeatedly telling himself he could do it, he held the thin, damaged photo in between his fingers.

With nothing to be happy for, his lips couldn't help but turn up a little when he remembered the day that was taken.

—————————————————————————
"DANIEL I SWEAR TO- DANIEL!!!!" Beatrix squealed, getting covered in water as Daniel sprayed her with a water gun in their back garden.

3 year old Alexa ran around in the background, giggling with her chubby arms flailing around in the air until her mum picked her up, trying to use her as a shield, knowing full well Daniel would be too scared to spray her.

"Uh Bea, don't think you can use my baby girl to protect you" he said, sprinting over causing a laughing Beatrix to run in the other direction, trying to find the hose to get revenge on her husband, Alexa still squealing in delight in her arms.

"Mumma, Mumma, faster" Alexa babbled, pointing at her Dad who was gaining on them.

Beatrix's feet hit the grassy ground u til she slowed down when she saw the sighed of the bright red hose.

"Yes" she said in victory, picking it up and aiming at Daniel, the harsh impact of the water hitting his chest, soaking his already slightly damp t-shirt.

"BEA" he yelled, at the sudden shock of the freezing water on a very sunny day.

"Hahahaha, Mumma, Daddy's soaked" Alexa squealed, clapping her hands enthusiastically at the show in front of her.

He ran over, to Beatrix's fright, ignoring the pelting water and managed to take Alexa from his wife and put her on the floor before he grabbed his escaping wife from behind, pulling her into a bear hug and sitting on the grass.

"Daniel whatever you're thinking, do-AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH" Beatrix squealed of laughter and the noise filled their garden.

Digging all of his fingers into her sides, causing the poor young woman to convulse in laughter, he suddenly looked down at his wife's smile, and daughter who was now currently staring in awe at a flower.

Seeing his wife that happy almost bought tears to his eyes when it hit him how lucky he was.

Gently planting continuous kisses on her jawline and cheek bought out her bubbly giggles which were his favourite. Stopping his actions, Beatrix playfully hit her husbands shoulders before turning her attention to her daughter, cooing at her observing a butterfly, leaving Daniel watching them both.

Everything about his wife was stunning and he was lucky enough to have a daughter who was like a mini-Bea.

Even if in a couple of years he was half as happy as he was now, he'd count himself the luckiest man in the world.

What could possibly go wrong?

————————————————————————
A/N: hey guys, how's you like the chapter?

Very soon you will find out why Daniel started taking drugs so stay tuned!!!!

Thank you so much for reading and let me know what you think xxx