38| Crush

Alexa was still in her room, refusing to come down and eat. But this wasn't the first big she had done this.

Usually now, she curled herself up in her room and just ate slowly, leaving her plate outside quietly her avoid any unnecessary, uncomfortable interaction with her brothers.

The boys just figured she needed space. And constantly let her know that they were there when she was ready. Until then, they would just leave her, checking up on her every so often.

"So I was wandering, so Lex isn't alone, at least two of us stay home so she always has someone to talk to" Ed said, whilst serving everyone's dinner.

Despite everyone being really concerned about Alexa, those words went in one ear, and out the other.

"Uhh, Guys, hello" Ed said, waving to them all to get their attention.

"So Ed, what was this recipe again?" Axl asked, looking down at the questionable concoction in front of them"

"It's a curry, why?" Ed said, looking up at everyone who were all trying to make out the flavours.

"No no, nothing, it tastes great!" Simon said, a little too enthusiastically, taking a massive bite out of the meat, to show his appreciation and to avoid hurting his oldest brothers feelings.

Kicking all his other brothers slightly under the table, causing them all to jolt up and do the same, each picking up their forks, and cringing as the overly-spiced food, touched their taste-buds.

"Really, is it nice?" Ed said, smiling, although feeling a little suspicious, when he saw Axl's forced smile.

Looking round the table, where everyone was 'enjoying' his food, he saw Alex looking down, and hiding a smile slightly.

"Alex, are you good?" Ed said, drumming the tip of his fork against his plate.

Alex looked up quickly, suddenly realising all eyes were on him.

He hesitantly out his phone back in his pocket, smiling to himself, thinking about the Snapchat video he just received from Natalia.

Thinking of you

She signed over the 5 second video causing Alex to blush slightly and look down at his lap, but suddenly realising Ed was looking at him, expecting a reply.

"Oh, um, yeah, nothing." He said, putting his phone on the table and copying everyone else's reaction at the meal in front of him.

"Mmmm" he said in faking delight, picking up the fork, with a grain of rice on it, and putting it in his mouth so he looked like he was eating something.

"Aw, I'm so glad you all enjoyed the food, I have to say it looked a bit odd in the pan, not really how mum makes it" he half-heartedly chuckled.

"Mm, yeah it tastes great(!)" Josh said, pushing around the chicken, at least, he thinks it was chicken, around the plate. "Why don't you- Who's Natalia?" Josh asked, interrupting himself, making everyone abruptly look up in confusion, to meet Josh's gaze"

Josh looked down at the table, eyeing Alex's phone, staring at the notification that had just appeared.

Embarrassment washing over Alex, his face turning a shade of red, he picked up his phone quickly, clearing the notification and shoving his phone into his pocket.

"Um, no one, just some friend from university" he said, praying everyone would drop the conversation.

But everyone needing a reason not to eat Ed's cooking, luck wasn't on his side.

"Who's Natalia" Josh said, smirking slightly at his older brother, staring at him for added effect, accentuating the 'Natalia' to get everyone's attention.

You see, despite Josh only being two years younger than Alex. Alex was infamous for teasing his younger brothers when they even so much as looked as a girl, let alone talked to one.

Whether it was making dirty innuendo's at Axl and Lydia, or saying 'so she's the girl you keep taking about' in front of another girl Josh liked. Josh wanted revenge.

"She's no one, just someone doing my course" Alex seethed through his teeth making the situation all the more amusing for Josh.

"Then why did she have a heart next to her name?" Josh smiled innocently, knowing he just dropped him in it.

"Awwww has Awex, got a cwush" Axl said in a baby voice, joining in on the fun, having been on the other end of this many times before.

Alex couldn't help but smile and look down.

He was a mess.

Even the thought of Natalia made him grin like an idiot, what happened to the player inside him?

"So come on, who is she?" Simon asked, taking the slightly more chill approach.

Breathing a sigh, knowing he wasn't going to get out of this confrontation alive, he decided to tell them.

"Her names Natalia" he finally said.

"Well duh, Josh just said that!" Axl said, impatiently, pushing his plate away, and leaning his head on his hand to look exaggeratedly interested.

"Oh shut up, I know" he said, composing himself about how to describe her.

"Well how'd you two meet?" Simon asked, which received no reply from Alex as he was too busy daydreaming.

"Oh my gosh, have you slept with her already" Axl bewilderedly asked, causing Ed to choke on his rice.

Although whether that was because the rice was so undercooked or he was just shocked was hard to tell.

"No no, I haven't, I met her near the park" he said.

"So you haven't slept with-

"NO AXL I HAVE NOT SLEPT WITH HER" he said, earning a laugh from the other boys.
——————————————————————————

Sorry the chapter was so late and short.

I know not much happened.

I'll try and upload more this week to make up!!

Did you like it?

I need all your opinions because I'm thinking of changing some of the cast. There are some of them whom I like, mainly Vince, Alexa, Mya, Lydia (possibly Alex and Axl). But I'm definitely recasting some of the brothers. They literally look nothing alike😂 so I'm changing them. Once I do, idk about your opinion but just a heads up.