4| Revealing

No one in particulars POV

Alexa woke up to find herself tucked up in her bed, she squinted at the clock that had been hung up in her room. 6:30 it read. She groaned to herself, why had she had to wake up so early? As she tried to move, she winced in pain when pressure hit her ribs.

Alexa turned in her bedside lamp and slowly lifted up her t shirt to reveal her scars and bruises. She slowly pressured her fingers over the bruises testing how much they had gotten better, but a pang if pain hit her as they had gotten worse.

Alexa frowned to herself as she thought of the horrible place her Dad had been taken away. She vaguely remembered her social worker saying he had been taken away, something about 'child neglect' but she never understood what he had meant. It wasn't her dads fault, she thought.

He was ill! there was a time where it was just her, her mum and her dad. But then mum just disappeared and then her dad got ill, and the medicine he took made him angry. She got upset to think that she could never make him better. Hey, maybe he went to a hospital! She thought. That is where they take ill people.

Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard her door open. She automatically fell straight back down into her covers arranging herself into the first position she could think of while shutting her eyes.

Ed walked in and pretended he hadn't just seen Alexa fall back in the bed trying to look asleep. He stifled his laughter and walked over to her bed. She lay there 'asleep'. Admittedly, if he hadn't seen her, he would have been genuinely fooled.

"Alexa" he said, gently shaking her.

Alexa didn't move and carried on 'sleeping'.

Ed suddenly remembered last night. He slowly moved his fingers up and down her sides and watched her try not to squirm. Entertained by this, he smirked and continued to poke and jab her sides which finally made her crack.

"EEHAHAHAHAHEEEDDDDDDDD" she laughed squirming and trying to avoid his giant hand.

"Oh so you are awake" he laughed as he continued to torture the poor girl.

"Yeahahahahsssssss, stttttooahahahhahapppppp" she giggled. His finger slowed down as she sat up.

"Come on, breakfast is ready" Alexa refused to move and looked at him with her puppy eyes.

"Carry me?" She asked, smiling, showing off her non-existent front teeth. He smirked but secretly couldn't resist.

"Fine" he said as he lifted her up into a piggy back. Although this is what she wanted she couldn't help but be in pain. Ed's muscular back was digging into her cute and scars which hadn't hurt so much before. But she didn't want any of her brothers knowing or worried so she just kept her mouth shut.

It was only until Ed dumped her onto the sofa, not intentionally trying to hurt her, she let out a small yelp.

"Lex, are you alright?" said a voice from one of the sofas. It turned out to be Axl. Alexa looked at him wandering what to say, but apparently that answer took too long to come out.

"Hellloooooo, Lexaaa" he echoed. She still was too scared to reply.

Ed tried to pick her up again to take me to the kitchen but as soon as he came into to contact with her ribs, she let out a small scream of pain, as she pushed his hands off her uncomfortably.

"Nooooooo" she said pushing his hands off her.

"Lex, what's the matter?" Ed said trying to get down on her level. Just then Josh and Simon came down followed by Alex, probably wondering what all the noise was. They're faces went to concerned when they saw Alexa's distressed state.

"Nothing" she said trying to look in any direction except at the 10 eyes that were currently staring at her.

"Lex, what ever it is, you can tell us" Simon said giving her a reassuring look. Ed reaches out to try and give her a hand but she violently flinched away.

"Lex, has someone been hurting you" Axl asked, now realising why she sounded so in pain. The guilty expression on her face said it all while she gave a subtle nod.

"Who did it" Alex asked softly, trying not to scare her. She refused to reply.

"Can we see?" Axl asked. Alexa slowly and reluctantly bought her top up to her ribs while she watched 5 faces have the mixed reactions of anger, stress, upset, confused and pity.