3| The Chair

No one in particulars POV

"SIMON, JOSH, ALEXA, DINNER IS READY" Alexa flinched at the loud noise, which did go noticed by Simon and Josh but they both shrugged it off and went downstairs. They all walked into the kitchen where they had laid out all the food.

"Hi, Alexa, we weren't sure what you liked, so mum and dad ordered pizza"Alex said whilst trying to scoff a whole slice of pepperoni pizza in his mouth at once.

"Ignore him" Ed said, looking at the girl wondering if they were all scaring her. Alexa sat down quietly and took a slice of pizza and nibbled it as much as she could. At home she could only have one meal a day because the only time she would was lunch at school.

At the orphanage, due to budget cuts they used to have very small meals to make sure everyone got some food. She managed to get half a slice down her but couldn't eat any more that that.

"Lex, you've barely eaten anything, do you not like it" Josh said after he went for his 10th slice.

"Don't be stupid, who doesn't like pizza- OW" Alex said being being kicked under the table by Ed.

"No no, it's nice, it's just..." she trailed off not knowing what to say. "I ate at school"

"School was ages ago, you must be hungry" Ed said concerned.

"But, I'm only used to one meal a day" she said looking scared at all of them.

They all looked at each other and sighed.

"You can go to you room for now, then come down cos we're all watching a film" she looked at Simon and he gave her a reassuring smile, so she got up and went upstairs.
———————————————————————————

Alexa came down about an hour later to the family room while the boys were choosing a film and Josh was in the kitchen getting snacks. Ed however was sitting down on the massive comfortable looking sofa where right now, that looked like a dream.

"Ed" she said looking up at him.

"Yes" he said looking up from his phone at the little girl.

"I think Josh said he needed help choosing the snacks" she said smiling, as always, shaking off her non-existent front teeth. He sighed and reluctantly got up.

Jackpot, she thought throwing herself on the sofa, gosh that was a comfortable chair.

Ed's POV
"Hey man, what do you need" I asked Josh coming into the kitchen.

"Nothin" he replied. Wait huh?

"Alexa said you needed help with the snacks" I said confused.

"I haven't even seen Alexa since dinner" he laughed while pouring a massive bag of Doritos into a bowl.

"Then why would she-

"Why don't we take a look" he interrupted leading me into the family room. I looked inside and there she was sprawled across my comfortable chair.

"Well I think you have your answer" he laughed.
I walked over to Alexas sprawled our body which barely covered half the sofa.

No one one particulars POV

"Hiya Lex" he said startling her. She looked up at him while all the other brothers looked wandering what had happened.

"Can I have my chair back?"

"Nope, it's mine" she said crossing her arms. Just then Simon walked over, not being able to laugh at this situation.

"You know Ed, I forgot you weren't there, Alexa will do anything if you do this" he said tickling Alexa, up and down her midsection, holding down her folded arms, as she giggled and struggled his grip. Ed laughed and played along.

"Really? So if it did this, she would laugh?" He lifted up her arms and gently tickled her underarms, while Simon attacked her tummy thanks to her riding top.

"NAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOOOOO, DOAHAHANNNTTTTT, JOAHAHAHASSSHHHHH" she said for a second time.

"How many times Lex, I'm Simon" he laughed as he pokes her.

"So are you gonna get off my sofa?" Ed asked.

"YEAHAHASSSSSS, JUAHAHSSTTTTT STOAHAHAPPPPPP" Ed and Simon slowed their fingers down while the other boys put the film in.

Ed Sat on the sofa while Alexa moved but before she could get too far as he lifted her up so she could sit on his lap. She snuggled up into his arms and felt her eye lids drooping, watching about 20 minutes of the film, she was sound asleep.