Chapter 23 page 3 - Circle of Events

I always see that my life cycle is a repetitive pattern of bad events ensue after good events occurred, then they take turns elapsing one another in an unceasing loop. Like how I got accepted to study abroad as a result of losing Aleks or when I've got Hardy's attention only to lead him to Maheera.

And once again I'm stumbled upon a pang of misfortune which I believe came from my courtship with Saint. The regulator, Companies Commission Federation (CCF) barged in for a surprise audit and exposed TWIB's failing statutory compliance especially on Mr. Basheer's appointment to be void with no evidence of TWIB Board of Directors' resolution on his appointment.

When the Bank was charged with numerous penalties by CCF amounted to almost half a million Ringgit, an urgent Management meeting was held and Madam Norma was being called for explanation. Before she was being called in, she vowed to fight for the team's sake and I wish there was some truth to it even though it was filled with travesty.

The next day, every CoSec team member was detained for questioning by panel of officers from the Group Integrity Department, Legal Department and HR. We were inundated by the long-winded discussion to address allegations of the misconduct and it dampens our spirit that Fauzi resigned halfway through the process. The dispute has affected my courtship with Saint that we decided to take a break from seeing each other until everything is settled.

A couple of months passed and we were crushed by the Group Internal Audit's finding to rate our performance as 'Unsatisfactory' from the misconduct. Kak Aisah was fored to take up early retirement with no severance pay, Hasanah's promotion froze for a year while I got demoted to a steno. It is as though our efforts for being a stalwart to TWIB meant nothing to TWB. We accepted our fate like sucking a poison out of our wounds, resenting Madam Norma's malevolence for feeding the Management with lies about us just so that she can be seen as innocent.

The news of my demotion had got me deprived of all the respect and entitlement that Dad once granted upon me. And when I announced my resignation from the Bank, Dad perceive me as a coward. He refused to understand the grievance behind my decision that he would rather see me dead instead. Mom attempted to conciliate between us but her deteriorating health condition wasn't able to bear up with the dispute. Dad's hostility had forced me out of the house which I eventually sought sanctuary at Saint's.

Saint provided me a home that relieved me of all the discomfort and anxiety I had for the first couple of weeks. But things just went south when he rebuked my intention to look for jobs like it was something repulsive. He acted dismissive when I needed his support, even to an extent hindering me from any job interviews, locked me up in the apartment so I would miss them.

When I thought things couldn't get any worse than this, I later suffered from multiple illnesses ranging from cramping and nauseating to lower back pain and lack of appetite, other than extreme temperature changes in my body. That's when I realised something's amiss from my missed period which had been overdue for two weeks and the sickness I experienced checks all symptoms of pregnancy. I finally got myself tested with the kit I purchased online and I'm appalled to find two red stripes vividly appear on its indicator, telling me that it's positive.

 I finally got myself tested with the kit I purchased online and I'm appalled to find two red stripes vividly appear on its indicator, telling me that it's positive

Like the chapter so far? Don't forget to

Photo source - tenor