𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

|| 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖼𝗋𝖾𝖾𝗉𝗂𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝗎𝗋𝖻𝖺𝗇 𝗅𝖾𝗀𝖾𝗇𝖽𝗌 𝖿𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖴𝖲 || 𝗣𝗔𝗥𝗧 𝟮

💉

5. CALIFORNIA, The char-man

The Char-man's origin story is gruesome — a father and son were both caught in a house fire and horribly burnt in 1948. After the fire, the son became so mentally unstable that he killed his father. When the police found the son, he was so unrecognizably burnt that they didn't realise he was alive, so he ran away before they were able to arrest him for the murder of his father.

Ever since then, the Char-Man is still spotted wandering the woods surrounding Ojai, occasionally approaching tents of innocent campers, or pretending to be a hitchhiker and then attempting to attack them.

6. COLORADO, the many legends of Riverdale road

Riverdale Road is the site of not one, but eight creepy stories. Ranging from a " Hell Gate ", to ghosts of  slaves hanging from the trees, the stretch of road is decidedly spooky. The creepiest story though is one of the phantom jogger.

One day, there was a driver who hit a jogger , freaked out, and left him for dead. Now, it's said that if you park at the site of the crash, you'll hear disembodied footsteps getting closer and closer to your car. People have reported hand prints on their windows and banging noises, as if someone was kicking the outside.

7. CONNECTICUT, Hannah Cranna

Know as the "Wicked Witch of Monroe", Hannah Cranna gained a reputation as a witch in the 19th century when her husband died by mysteriously falling off  a cliff — and locals reportedly believed that she had bewitched him

Know as the "Wicked Witch of Monroe", Hannah Cranna gained a reputation as a witch in the 19th century when her husband died by mysteriously falling off  a cliff — and locals reportedly believed that she had bewitched him. People also believed that she would cast spells on people she didn't like.
Hannah lived till the age of  77, but right before she died, she asked to be carried down to the cemetery in her coffin by foot, not wagon.

After her death, the people of Monroe tried to wheel her coffin down the hill, but were unable – the coffin kept falling off, so they were forced to carry it.
When the townspeople returned to her home, it was found to he engulfed in flames, sealing Hannah's reputation of witchcraft.

Now, you can visit her real grave in Trumbull.

8.DELAWARE, The Ghost of Mr. Chew

While not a particularly mean-spirited ghost, Samuel Chew's story is still disconcerting

While not a particularly mean-spirited ghost, Samuel Chew's story is still disconcerting. Chew was the chief justice of the Delaware Supreme Court in 1741. As the story goes, while he was alive, he didn't always get the respect he deserved— people frequently made fun of his name, by mimicking sneezes when he walked by.

After his death, people reported seeing his ghost sitting under a polar tree, wandering the courthouse, and generally creeping on the residents of Dover. Chew would also pull on men's coattails and give women a cold, icy feeling.