Chapter 27: What If

"What if everything you are going through is preparing you for what you asked for?"

Author's P.O.V

"Oh, my son! Long time." A middle-aged man chimed in ecstatic. The warm sunlight blatantly staining the subtle grey hair on his prominent black hair. His eyes glittering beholding the handsome young man in front of him. Reflecting on his own youth, those crazy times, those anxious times, building a career, and financing a home.

All those hard work paid off with huge fame and profit in his own company.

The Fantasie.

All those years of hard work dominate half of his life. Now, all he wants is to take a break from all these. Enjoying the last bit of his life in complete luxury.

"Indeed, it's been long." Jungkook agrees with a polite grin. The female maids in the black-white attire scuffling to serve the tea. Amazement as well as lust concealing their eyes as they detect the handsome young man.

"So is there any particular reason for your visit here?"The middle-aged man continues while sipping on his already served tea. A frown replacing his cheery expression, the moment he cognizes the tiny brawl among the maids.

"I want to talk about something." Jungkook starts. Unaware of the disturbance caused by the maids. While the middle-aged man signals randomly one of the maids to serve.

"Yeah...I'm all ears."The middle-aged man utters. The lucky maid serves the tea in front of Jungkook before bowing. The lust griming in her expression as she tries hard to gain a bit of attention from the handsome young man. While Jungkook barely notices her existence, busy putting his thoughts in order to talk about.

Noticing the attitude of the maid, the middle-aged man scoffs in disgust. The substitution of defeat remarks her expression as she makes her way back in failure.

"Do you really want to hand over all the responsibilities of the company?" Jungkook starts. His doe eyes darting back and forth, scrutinizing every movement of the male in front of him.

"Yes." The man replies confidently.

As Jungkook hesitates to say more of his thoughts. The vision of last night clouds his mind.

That picture of the little boy looks more like his younger self.

The astonishment along with fear shrouds his thoughts. 'What if' is the beginning of every investigation done in his brain regarding that familiar picture.

He knows that he's adopted in this family. The middle-aged woman who he calls his 'mom' happens to be infertile. Resulting in the presence of Jungkook in this family, until he witnesses the rapid growth of the business lead by Mr.Jang. The middle-aged man whom he calls his 'dad'.