Chapter 39: Flashbacks

"It is both a blessing and a curse to feel everything so deeply"

Author's P.O.V

Every word

Every quote

Every story

Worked in with the ink of romance by the sophisticated artists in the world, inherits a quite similar theme.

A similar word called 'love.'

"Y/n!Don't you dare do that!" Fear mingled around the warning words of Taehyung quite funnily. As if he was threatening her but...with a lack of confidence, which resulted in pleadings.

"You lost. So you deserve it." Y/n voiced out, making Taehyung gulp. The thought of a single ink on his handsome face was scaring him more than it should. The regret of setting the rule himself was making him go mad at himself.  

He's the first one to crumble all the pieces of blocks in the 'Jenga' game.

The shame couldn't match in with the fear of Taehyung in this situation. Without paying any heed to Taehyung's words or pleadings or threats, Y/n approached with a brush dipped in pure black ink.

"No! Don't" Taehyung yelped out only to receive a burst of victorious laughter from Y/n. But without wasting any second, she smudged the ink on Taehyung's cheek.

The instinct of Taehyung forced out a gasp of fear while Y/n was drowning in the pool of laughter. But that laughter of Y/n was soon replaced with a cry of frustration, the moment she realized herself in Taehyung's grip.

"No, Tae! I haven't lost yet." That similar fear enveloped the orbs of Y/n, the more she scrutinized the brush dipped in ink. But the chance of fearing a bit long wasn't achieved by Y/n as soon she felt the wet liquid conquering her skin.

The laughter of Taehyung fills in the cold and peaceful atmosphere of the room afterward. The contagious laughter of his threatens Y/n to join.

Only to find themselves with an aching stomach.

Most poets prefer to evaluate the version of love with a swathe of laughter and giggles and affection and physical intimacy.

Comparing the emotion from the frigid autumn breeze to the mellow gust of rays in summer with such a metaphor that never fails to melt away the feelings of any normal human.

As if giving the readers a virtual taste of love.

Ever so gentle and heart-warming.

"Y/n! They gave us free cookies with the hot chocolate." Taehyung chimed in with the tray of mugs and a bundle of cookies. The flinty zephyr of the cold temperature was quite bothering them a while ago until they decided to crash on a cafe for hot chocolate.