Chapter 4 :Texts

"To move on is to accept it's gone."

"What?"The words left my mouth without my realization. I felt emotionally bankrupt. There was nothing left to feel, nothing left to say, nothing left but the void that enveloped my mind in swirling blackness.

I could feel that feeling creeping through my body...sad, broke, disbelief, and lastly confused. My legs are becoming weak as I can't feel there was ground beneath me. I bit my lips to stop tears that were formed in my eyes, rolling down my cheeks.

As I was about to fall on my knees on the cold floor only to break into sobs, someone grabs my arms preventing me from falling on my knees. He pulls me up as he wraps his arms around my fragile body. His embrace was warm and kind of protective. It melted me in a soothing manner as I bury my face on his chest letting my tears flow through my cheeks.

He doesn't say anything as he strokes my hair in a soothing manner, letting me cry as much as I want. That's why I love him so much. But when it would be excess, he would wipe my tears away or joke about something to make me laugh in my tears. But today was different, as I cried in his chest, he just stroked my hair and held me.

"He left me, Chim," I said to him still wrapping my hands around him, felt like if I let him go, there will be no one left."Forget it."He says breaking the hug but still holding my arms firmly as if I'm broken glass who would shatter in pieces if it's not held strongly. Maybe yeah...today I'm broke.

He rubs the tears which were rolling out of my eyes, just like usual."Look at you, looking like a disaster."He says as he tucks the strand of hair behind my ear out of my face. I let my gaze fall down as new tears were forming which were ready to fall on the ground.

He cups my face, letting my tears fall in his hand."Hey...it's enough. It's just a wedding."He says as if I'm crying for candy."Stop it."He says while wiping my tears ."He left me."I repeated but this time it was barely audible. It was like a mumble.

||

I cleared my throat as I spoke again coming back to my impatient state, "I wanna show you something."I said as I opened my bag to bring my bag but Jimin stopped it."Y/n...not here."He says as he grabs my hand pulling me into his car. I step in the passenger seat as he starts the car."Where are we going?"I asked as I was totally confused about where he was taking me.

"You'll know."He says as he keeps his gaze on the road. The road was a smooth black river, the sort wheels float so effortlessly along. And so as his car made its steady way along, the scenery took on an almost meditative quality, the light igniting the hues of each tree and home.

He stops in front of a restaurant as we step out of the car, heading towards the restaurant. It was almost full. I looked around at the busy tables. A group of women drowning in laughter while there were some women dining alone with a stern face.  A married couple was eating side by side while giggling with each other. All those things, I used to do with Taehyung.Romance.

Jimin pulls me by my hand as he finds an empty spot. We sat in a corner as we observe the surrounding."This restaurant is now one of my favorites. And I only come here for one dish. They would serve us in a few minutes as they know what I'm gonna order anyway."I frowned as he kept talking. Does he think that I'm gonna be able to eat with him now?

"Chim, seriously?"I asked as he frowns back at me."What? Aren't you hungry?"He asked me back as I sighed loudly with his childishness."Hey, c'mon...don't act like this...it's just a wedding. It's not like you are never gonna be able to marry anyone."He says the last sentence with a slight pout.

Mushroom soup, bitter greens with tomatoes the size of peas, rare roast beef slices as thin as paper, noodles in a green sauce, cheese that melts on tongue served with sweet blue grapes are placed in front of us."Here it is."Jimin chimes with excitement as I sat there gazing at other people.

He licked his fleshy lips before savoring his food. He moans in satisfaction while I look away. I know he's trying to provoke me. He holds my chin slightly harsh as he feeds me a spoonful in my mouth. My mouth was fully stuffed that I can't even curse him. He laughs at my condition as I glared at him.

My eyes caught a glimpse of that couple as my food wants to get stuck in my throat. They are so happy that it reminds me so much of Taehyung. I hardly swallowed letting it in my stomach."Good?"Jimin asks as I kept my gaze on that couple as I unintentionally nod.

My phone buzzes as I took out my phone, hoping that it would be a message from that unknown. But it was from my mom."Hun...have you had lunch?"I replied, "Yeah, I'm having with Jimin."I placed my phone on the table. As I started to tell Jimin about those creepy texts.

||

"What! We should tell the police."He says with confidence as I let him down.

"I don't think it would be better that way."