Chapter 25

"Woah..." Kai mumbled as I looked to the ground.
"So yeah....that's what happened to me...now you know the entire story." I replied.

We had made camp in the entrance of the stronghold for the night and I had just finished telling them who I really was and how I ended up in Ninjago. I hadn't really transformed to my usual human attire yet, just had claws, fangs, horns and purple eyes since it felt more comfortable being here.
I would have preferably stayed as a demon, but because of recent events, I thought it would have been safer to be like this.

"Hold up you and Ultra Violet were in a relationship at one point??" Cole asked in confusion before Zane slapped him in the back of the head.
"She tells you all of that and that's the only thing you ask about?" Zane asked, shooting him a disapproving glare.
"Sorry." He apologised.
"It's fine...we were in a relationship but we eventually decided to keep it professional." I explained sheepishly, kind of ashamed about it, she was a real nutcase.
"Ah."

"I would've told you guys....but I was scared for how you'd react because....evil demon.." I admitted, gesturing to myself and they nodded in understanding.
"Can I ask, did anyone know from this group?" Kai asked.
I nodded and looked over to Wu, who was staring at a map that he discovered on the back of the gate leading to the Dragon Armour.
"He knew, mainly because he has Oni blood and was able to sense me." I said, "though Faith almost blew my cover when we officially met her."

The ninja nodded, a couple adding dry wood to the small campfire or relaxing as the sky started to turn pink as the sun rose.
I felt a weird sensation run through me, it felt like someone had invaded my personal bubble, but fainter. I looked around to find the source but couldn't find anything that could explain it before it dawned on me.

The Hunters.

Oh shit, I forgot about them for a second.

I sat up to say something but was interrupted.

"The sun is up, let's go." Faith said, starting to stomp out the fire. "We're getting closer to the Firstbourne's nest, we will eat when the Son of the First Spinjitzu Master has the Dragon Armour and when we're all in Ninhyeego."
"It's Ninjago, it's not that hard to pronounce." Zane said as we stood up, starting to head to the vehicles, talking about what they were looking forward to when they got back to Ninjago.

I hung back, no one knew about the possibility of the hunters coming to get them, should I stay behind to slow them down? Besides, I'm a demon, I doubt that Firstbourne would let me go back that easily.

"Hey, (Y/n). You coming?" I heard Jay ask, making me look up to see everyone looking at me.
I shook my head hesitantly. "I'm going to stay here." I said much to everyone's surprise.
"But why? You'd be a great asset to us." Wu asked.
I shook my head again. "I'd slow you down...you're after the Dragon Armour, I don't want to anger Firstbourne anymore than I already have."

They were silent, I could feel the presence of doom coming slowly, they needed to get out of here soon.
I looked up and sent them a small smile. "Hey, I might run into you guys again. You'll never know."

They seemed reluctant, but nodded and got ready to go.

"(Y/n)." I heard Jay say.

Before I was met with someone wrapping their arms around me in a hug. I stiffened for a second before relaxing and returning the embrace. Jay was a little shorter than I remembered, but I knew that I was taller than I usually was when in this form.

"Be safe." I whispered.
"You too." He replied before pulling away and hopping into the vehicle with Zane and they sped off.

I was silent, waving until they were gone before lowering my hand.

The hunters were coming.

I shut the gate and cleared up where we made camp earlier by turning everything into ash before reverting back to my demon form.

'There has to be something that explains where the hell everyone went.' I thought, starting to wander around.

———

'There's nothing.' I thought with a sigh, feeling my shoulders sag and the last little flicker of hope die.

I sat down, having spent hours wandering around without a goal, trying to figure something out that I knew very little of. The Hunters had came in, there were quiet a few so I stayed hidden, watching them intently.
Many of them seemed surprised that the stronghold was supposedly empty, except for the Iron Baron oddly enough.

However they had found the map Wu discovered leading to the Dragon Armour and declared that they would head there. I felt worried, but I wanted to figure out what had happened to the rest of my kind.

The only living demon that I knew of was Mistaké.....I should have had some tea with her before leaving...

I turned my head and narrowed my eyes as I saw something on the walls. Picking myself up I looked and noticed that there were small circles drawn on the walls, along with horned stick figures. I furrowed my brow as I stepped back a little while counting the small circles.

Sixteen circles, all making one large circle, horned stick figures standing on the outside, small arrows pointing to each circle.

'But why are there sixteen..?' I thought, counting the circles again, it just seemed like a very significant number.
I looked closer, seeing small writing underneath each circle.
"Sixteen realms...? But why?" I thought aloud before my eyes widened as I saw the name of one of the realms.

Ninjago.

'Oh no...I-I have to warn them!' I thought in alarm, stepping into a shadow to warp.

I transformed back to my human disguise as I looked around, just sparse dry desert with a few rocks.

"Hmmm....they have to be nearby..." I thought as I looked around, squinting from the sun, before seeing a largeish speck in the distance. I warped over there, ending up behind a hunter before quickly warping out of there before I could be noticed.

I ended up behind Cole and seemed to startle him.
"Shhhhhhh- (Y/n)?" Zane hushed before noticing I was there. "How did you get here?"
"I shadow warped obviously. What's happening?" I asked, noticing they were crouched behind a bush.
I looked up to see Faith buried in the sand up to her neck, covered by her rice hat, no one could be seen for ages.

"Faith was taken by the hunters, so we're going to get her out." Kai explained.
"This looks like a trap..." I muttered.
"So what? We're not leaving our friend behind." Wu replied firmly.

After a little while of scoping around the ninja eventually decided to swing in and grab her, despite my concerned warnings. We walked out slowly until we reached the woman and Wu took off her hat, to show her gagged.
She tried to say something but it was muffled by the cloth.

"What?" Wu asked, untying the gag.
"You guys shouldn't have come! They're here!" Faith exclaimed in alarm.

Just as she said that I felt something cold on the back of my neck. As much as I wanted to wreck shit, I didn't, harmlessly putting my hands up in the air.

"Told you it was a trap." I said.

Word count: 1274 words