Meeting the Pack

i woke up in the dark with a cold breeze blowing over my... fur? i was still a wolf? actually now that i think about it, it's not to suprising. anyways, i was in nearly compete darkness, i could only see shadows. many jars lay on rock ledges in what seemed like a cave. water dripped loudly onto the ground. i lifted my head to find the source and thats when the pounding headache showed up. i lowered my head back to the rock ground and put my snout between my two paws. please go away i thought, almost asking the headache to leave.

" are you really asking your rescuer to leave?" asked charlie, or at least i thought it was charlie, his voice kinda echoed off the walls. no i answered i was asking this headache to go away. and i thought i saved you i said recalling the fight, i was the one that got the wolf off his back. "do you have head trama?" he asked humorously. i laughed in my head for a little while before sending it was the other way around, the other wolf was begging for me to stop. "stop tickling him you mean" he replied.

i could tell he was closer now, maybe just a few meters away. i lifted my head once more, the skin where i was biten burned but i got past that and took in charlies appearance. i saw charlie sitting in a pair of nice fitting jeans and a well fit v-neck shirt, i couldn't tell the color, but i could tell that he looked good. i could just barely see the bite mark on his shoulder through the shirt. were did you get the clothes i asked, how could i remember that he had ripped up his clothes? i usually have a terrible memory. " the pack keeps extras for the special occasion that we may need it." he said casually with a small shrug.

i let my head fall back to the rocky ground again and let out a groan, which came out as more of just a huff of air. this headache is killin' me i sent in a whiney tone. "well we have medicine for that. it may not be as good as asprin but it'll do." he said stepping into veiw over my shoulder.  i turned my head in his direction and winced when the pounding in my head immediately worsened i let out a high pitched whine and covered my snout again. "hey slow it down" he said petting the fur just above my ear. oh that felt good, now i know how dogs feel. 

"yeah this is how dogs feel" he said responding to my thoughts. groaning inwardly i pulled up my mind wall only to have an explosion of a headache knock it back down. i let out a piercing whine and pinched my eyes closed. what is up with this headache? wait, i dont have a mind wall right now. oh crap. i looked over to him to see his smug grin sitting squarly on his face. "yes lizzy i heard that last thought about how god like i look" he said striking a pose. i laughed inwardly but quickly stopped when the headache increased. i did not say you looked godly i said. "ok maybe not godly but there's no escaping the fact you thought i looked good so you might as well say it out loud. you know clear your contious." he said mockingly. not in a million years i responded.

he laughed as he walked around the table. he put both hands on the stone table and put his face inches from my snout. "dont be so sure of that sweet heart" he said flirtifly. oh if only he'd remembered i have teeth. i was about to let out a low growl when he backed away to stand straight again. "dont forget that i can read your mind either" he said tapping his head knowingly.

i resisted the urge to laugh at his cockyness, knowing that it would only make this stupid headache worse. oh please let this headache go away. "i'll be right back. im gonna go get you that medicine i was talking about" he said quickly as he walked out of the cave. so now i was alone... in a cave... in the dark... stuck as a wolf. i tried to change the subject from that stupid drip of water deeper in the cave. anything besides that stupid drip... drip... drip. anything. suddenly a picture of charlie came into my minds eyes. i quickly cursed my brain and tried to focus on the water dripping instead of that stupid picture. it was no use, the picture was like hd on a 52" tv screen, it was impossible to take my focus off of.