home sweet... oh

ok back to present time.

******

"can i finally go home?!" i asked. it's a new day after that whole marking business and i've come to find that everyone in the pack knows. great.

Its been two days since i've been home. I miss those big empty walls. my mom probably wont be home and if she is then i can imagine the cops have been searching since yesterday. speaking of cops and searching which reminds me of a very familiar story, i spoke to my sister. today, actually just before asking charlie if i can go home.

"Perhaps. I'll have to check with my grandmother. The only problem might be the southern pack. They've been issuing attacks and i dont think you home could be safe anymore. Its right on the edge of a central path between the two packs. They might even make it into a camp." His eyes widened when he realized he had actually said that.

"What?!" I murmered, panicking. "Oh my gosh my mom might be there, what if she is there, and they make it into a camp?! They'll probably kill her!"

"Hey hey calm down." He crooned i whipped my head around, coming face to face in an instant.

"Calm down?!" i screamed, my mind over run with thoughts, terrible, horrible, gruesome thoughts. "Never tell me to calm down! you should know by now never to tell me to calm down when i panicking!!! Never!" oh my cats and fat worms! Im having a panic attack.

"Lizzy what i meant by calm down is 'calm down i'll send a group to retrieve her' but you rudely cut me off." he had a childish seven year old bored face on until the end when he pulled off a smirk. But i didn't smile with him, i was to busy thinking.

"Im going then" i reply after a moment of thought.

"What" he asked, his smile dropping into a frown.

"I want to go to get my mother." i pronouce slowly.

"No lizzy" he replies only after a beat, "it's to dangerous"

"Are you going?" I question heatedly.

he hesitated before looking away from me, he tried to bring his gaze back to mine but when it met mine it shyed away again. i waited rather impatiently for him to answer. finally he sighed and his shoulders sagged to his sides, "yes" he muttered under his breath, but strangly i could hear it perfectly.

"then there's not a chance in hell that i'm not!" i exclaimed with finality. i folded my arms over my chest if the tone wasn't enough.

he sighed again before checking over my gaze. seeing that i wasn't going to fold he quickly almost as if it pained him murmured, "fine! the team is leaving in an hour exactly get ready"

i nodded with a smile, reveling in how amazingly easy that was as i quickly hopped off the bed and picked out a pair of his pop off pants. smart!

**********

the cold day was quickly becoming overcast, the sky flooding with gray quickly.

i let out a breath before asking rosie if she was ready.

ready she replied before we efficiently changed. it seemed the next second we were running through a menagery of trees and shrubs. the brown contrasting the white of snow for only a second each as we ran past them. i was at the front of the team and refused to slow down any more than a little for them. i was determined to get to my house before the other pack even had a chance to!

when finally i reached the house i wasted no time changing back and pulling on my pants and a sports bra, also buttonable. i ran into the house quickly.