Love

after a while charlie and johnathan leavt, leaving me with the cubs. we played a few games of hide-and-seek, a game of tag and played with some toys. one of the younger girls, cali, i seemed to grow extremely close to. maybe it was because she wouldn't stop hugging me. she hug around my waist like a  monkey. in fact i think she would make an exceptional were-monkey.

aswell another of the kids, an older of the boys named joseph, also stood out to me. i think he may have had a little crush on me. he looked to be about seven but i knew that when he grew up he would be quite a looker. he had a general charm that surpassed most of tadays boys. he at one time even brought me a paper flower, that he had made. it was the sweetest thing, even though it was extrememly crumpled and had boogers on it.

when it was finally trime for me to leave i found myself asking what charlie and all the others were talking about. the cuteys are the sweetest things. although there was this one kid. he was kind of... dark. there was just this feeling to him that make a shiver run down your spine like an olympic athlete. his name was blake.

***

i closed the door and instantly let out a sigh of relief.

all in a good days work i thought to myself.

yeahh sighed rosie. i found out resently that she was an expert with kids. she had been giving me tips like "watch out kid jumping at four o' clock." and "take the toy from both of them then run like hell"

with her help i onlt got pounced on about one hundred fifty thousand sixty hundred seventy five times!!! no im exajurating that... but only by a little. i'd be lieing if i said i didn't have fun though.

i was about to start walking when i remembered that i didn't know how to travel this place. i was lost before i ever took a step.

figure in my mind that someone would come check on me, i layed back on the wall, and just lounged. i sat there for a very long while. a very, very, very long while, i mean it felt like a forever. but of coarse it couldn't have been forever because then it wouldn't have ended and i would of been sitting there long after i died. but it felt like forever.

... anyways. after that very long forever moment charlie came to check up on me. when he saw me sitting there he paused for the slightest of moments before resuming his pace. he sat down next to me and let out a deep sigh.

"took you long enough" i joked, trying my best to sound serious. he looked over at me with an incredulous look almost as if saying 'your not the center of the universe. that kind of ruined my good temper.

"i was joking" i muttered glumly as my gaze fell to the floor. out of the corner of my eye i could see his look of regret.

"sorry" he replied with the same glum tone as me.

"no problem" i said elbowing him in the arm playfully. he returned the gesture.

a smile graced my lips as i stared at the once forming on his.

"lets go" he said quietly, as he began standing up. he reached out a hand for me, and i took it gladly.

we walked down the corridors silently for a while. the only sound was that of our feet hitting the ground and the echo of exactly that same thing.

"did i ever mention that tomorrows my eighteenth birhtday?" he asked smiling over at me. i shock my head clear of my thoughts and turned to look at him in surprise.

"no way" i said.

"yeah" he said with a faraway type look to him.

" cool" i said with a smile, i didn't have to pretend to be happy for his birthday like i did with some of my relatives.