The Truth

ahh that tickles! i yelled to the owner of the nose sniffing my side. stop it i said uncontrolably laughing.

oh good your alive! rang the undenyable voice of charlie in my head. i didn't know you were ticklish he said sarcastically. oh really i said lunging at him playfully. i knocked him to the ground and held him there, laughing as he strugled to get me off him.

come here he said flipping us over. remembering my shoulder i let out a loud whine. charlie eased off me only to be knocked back to the ground. this time i laughed even harder.

you... pretender he said angrily, i laughed at his weak comment.

thats the best you can come up with? i asked mockingly.

oh whatever just let me up he said making a move to get up. i held him to the ground, looking into his piercing purple eyes, wow. i leaned forward a little so i was closer to his snout, i was seemingly captured by his eyes.

elizabeth he sent quietly to my mind.

yeah i asked. i felt the cool ground come to my back and saw charlie above me.

never let your gaurd down he said and i could clearly hear his laugh running through my head.

jerk i sent laughing along.

lizzy? he asked a new look of seriousness on his face.

yeah?

what happened in there? he asked pleadingly. i didnt answer him.

lizzy? he asked more forcefully. i let out a heavy, frustrated sigh.

she's my sister! i sent. he froze.

wait so she... you... i'm-i'm so so sorry lizzy i didn't know, i... he sent stuttering trummendously.

its all right i'm happy to know that she didn't actually die, it's just... look you didn't know ok so thats that, conversation over i said making sure to make it sound final.

charlie looked reluctant but ultimatly let me up. come on you must be exhausted, let's go home he said and at those words a shiver ran down my back 'lets go home'. he must have noticed and quickly corrected himself, let's get you home he said quickly and im sure if he were in human form he'd be blushing and rubbing his neck, thinking to himself akward... i laughed at that imaginary sight and started walking.

yeah let's go home i said messing up that sentence myself. crap. i looked back at him to see him staring at me in shock. i quickly turned back around and sauntered out of there.

*******

the run back to my house was uneventful, and here i am laying on my couch on the very cusp of uncontiousness. that sounds so poetic! anyways, i could feintly heard spongebob playing in the back ground and felt the couch cussion slumping in the direction of charlie who was watching it intently. i barely head him laughing at spongebob's stupidity, before i was asle- "lizzy?" he asked. i was to tired to respond so i just lay still.

he let out a heavy sigh of relief and leaned in closer. "lizzy are you awake?" he asked in a low whisper. i didn't respond now to intrested. "lizzy, im soo sorry for lying to you and i feel terrible but i can't bring myself to tell you the truth, i'm just so sorry" he whispered leaning away a little, "it's just... i- ughh" he let out a low frustrated groan. "i cant tell her in her sleep how the hell am i suppost to tell her when she's awake?!" he said standing up slow so he wouldn't wake me.