Chapter 13

Immediately, I can see fear and panic on Derek's face. I'm glad he does, he might not survive. I also see Beck's face. She has some fear but she just looks sad. It doesn't matter, I'm angry. I keep hitting the barrier and after only four more hits, it breaks. This causes a chain reaction that spreads throughout the wall. No doubt everyone in the area can see that thing sectioning everything off is disappearing.

As soon as it is completely broken, Derek runs as fast as he can. Unfortunately, he is not the gingerbread man and I grab him from behind by the throat. "You die." I squeeze and his body drops. I still feel so angry. I look around for anyone else. I see Beck again and she is crying. I cant see why, how is she not feeling this overpowering anger? I look again and see the beast-men, but most are dead already. I spot another of those who mistreated me, Jim. I run at him and those around are frozen in fear. He doesn't get a chance to turn around and receives the same as the first.

I look around to see many of my classmates. One of the boys faints when I look at him. I spot the third of my victims. He is quickly taken care of. Then, I see him. The one I blame for everything bad that has happened in my life. The anger rushes through me. I also see him fighting Lucy. I am in between them in no time. "Charlie, what are you doing here! You were banished! You were safe!" Lucy seems worried, but still no anger. "Charlie, eh? Do you have any relation to Mr. Charles Jacobs perhaps?" Chad smiles darkly.

"I have already dealt with your trio of assholes. It is time for you to pay. I never could see why you always treated me the way you did, but now you will receive the same I have, only much, much worse." I tackle him to the ground before he can do anything. He doesn't look afraid but he does seem slightly surprised. He smirks. "What are you going to do? Slap me to death? You have no weapons." I use the shadows around me to make very sharp, very deadly claws. "How's this for weapons?"

I use more shadows to hold him in place. He will never be leaving this spot. I use the claws I made to decorate him a little bit. First, his arms and legs become striped, then plaid. He screams in pain all the while. Next on the do-to list is to cut off unneeded body parts, particularly the fingers and toes. Just so he does not bleed out while I treat him, I cover his new stumps with shadow as I do with my arm. I also decide to cut the skin of his palms off, he won't need them. I also take the time to cut the skin on the soles of his feet off.

He has nearly fainted a few times now, but thankfully I can make the shadows feel like cold water and splash it on his face, so he is right back to screaming. Oh, the joyous screaming. Next on the list is to maybe cut a whole hand off, or a foot, why not both. Next, I cut both his ears off. Sensory deprivation can increase the amount of pain he feels. The eyes should go too. I decide to cut a whole leg off of the side he still has a foot, but no longer. I'll do the same to the arm.

By now, Chad is just a mess of screaming and missing limbs. I step back to appreciate my work and the 90-second timer on the skill runs out. It only takes me a second to realize what I just did. What came over me? "Geez, when I gave you that skill, I didn't expect you to go insane. I've been trying to get your attention but you were pretty focused on revenge." I take a look around to see fear on not only my classmates' faces but also on Lucy's and the other beast-men. I find many boxes for level-ups.

{Exp: 4959/140}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 4819/150}
{Level Gain}
...
{Exp: 589/330}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 259/340}
{Level Gain}

What do I do? I can't be trusted around anyone. I don't belong here. I change forms and run off into the forest at my highest speed. I quickly become lost and I stop. "Is anyone there?" When I hear no one, I let go and start to cry. What have I done? I killed three people and practically tortured another. Is Chad dead yet? Could he be alive enough for someone to save him? Beck and Lucy would probably never let me back into their lives.