Chapter 11

As I am pulling Lucy along I look at all the carnage that has befallen this place. Multiple buildings are on fire, some have collapsed. I'm very surprised Lucy's house stood for as long as it did but as we are running I can't even point it out. Closer to the edge of the buildings, I see a much larger building than any of the others that looks like a three-story elementary school and has yet to be touched by the humans and I point at it. "Lucy, what is that place?" She looks in the direction I am pointing. "That would be the Center of Man-Beast Affairs. Its where all the important people usually work."

She starts running faster than me and starts heading towards the building in question. "Where are we going? We need to leave!" She looks at me seriously. "No matter how much I don't like these guys, without leadership, there will be no hope for the Man-Beasts. We are going to make sure they make it out of this alive. Do me a favor and be a fox for a while." She stops and I accept the break. We were running a lot faster than I could take. I become a fox nearly instantly and she picks me up and continues towards the C.M.B.A.

When we get closer I can see a large fight happening between human soldiers and some Man-Beasts. The humans outnumber the other team by a large margin. "We don't have much time to lose." Lucy rushes straight past the brawl and into the building. We end up in a seemingly long hallway and she sets me down at the double door. "I need you to stay here and wait for me. If you have some way to defend yourself do it. If you don't or you aren't confident in it, then hide. I'll be back." I nod and she rushes off into the building. Unfortunately, the doors are made of wood and if the soldiers barge in here then they'd kill me on the spot if I was in my other form. I decide to hide in one of the corners on the side of the doors.

After a scarily short wait, I hear shouting from the other side of the door and a group of humans rush in. I quickly build a wall of shadows to block their path. Once I think they are all in, I make another shadow wall on the other side of the group and start moving them towards each other. When they start realizing what's happening, they panic and start banging on the walls. Whenever one of them touches the shadow walls, the shadow crawls up whatever touched it and dissolves it. I don't know how painful it is but if how much screaming the humans are doing is something to show for it, then it hurts, a lot. Slowly they are all crushed to death, dissolved, or both if they touched a shadow late.

{Exp: 946/30}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 916/40}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 876/50}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 826/60}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 766/70}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 696/80}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 616/90}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 526/100}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 426/110}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 316/120}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 196/130}
{Level Gain}
{Exp: 66/140}

I am stunned. I killed 14 people. My fake walls fall away and I just stand there. "It was so easy to kill them all." "Charlie." "I took away their lives and it was so easy." "Hey, Charlie." "Maybe I could just as easily kill my cl-" "Charlie!" "Huh?" "Stop thinking like that it won't bring you anywhere good." "What do you mean? I wasn't thinking anything bad. I was just surprised is all." I can tell she doesn't believe me but that doesn't matter.

I hear the door opening once again and see him. Why is it him? Why couldn't it be anyone else? "Where did those imbeciles go? Whatever I'll do this myself." If it were any of my other classmates I could've dealt with them, but Chad? I stand in the corner, shivering in fear. He looks around the hallway and must've noticed me out of the corner of my eye because he looks straight at me. "What's wrong little foxy? Afraid of your shadow?" He turns, walks down the hallway, and turns a corner. "There's a fox in the henhouse!" I am still shaking for a few minutes before I realize that he's going to kill a lot more people if he isn't stopped.