"What mama doing?" He asked innocently, tapping her brush on the table, liking the way the metal clinked against the glass top.

"Mama's doing her makeup," answered Aurora, going back to brushing powder onto her face. She could still see what Xander was doing from the corner of her eye and she wanted to coo at how adorable he looked standing on his tippy toes as he tried to see above the table. "And what is my Xander doing?"

"Xander, too," he looked up at her and began to mimic what he saw his mother doing just seconds before. He took the clean brush that Aurora had sneakily swapped out of his grasps and began to tap his face, causing her to chuckle.

How was he so freaking cute?

"Well, mama thinks Xander is already very handsome," She leaned down to kiss his nose, causing him to giggle. Before she could sit back up, he latched his arms around her neck. She brought him back to her lap as he continued to hug her.

"Xander hansun," he repeated as he played with her long hair, something he loved doing since he was just a baby. "Mama, pwetty."

"Thank you, baby," she rubbed his back soothingly, suddenly reminded that he was still only in his diapers. "What happened to your clothes? Weren't you supposed to be getting dressed with papa?"

"No dress. Xander see mama— like mama," his little eyebrows furrowed as he tried to articulate what he wanted to say. He had just begun to talk a lot and was still learning new words every day.

Aurora had to admit, there were times when she had no idea what Xander was trying to say. But she had gotten used to his babbling these past few months that she could piece together what he meant based on his emotions or the way he was acting.

"Papa likes mama, too."

She slightly jumped at the sound of his voice, having caught her off guard. She met Xavier's eyes in the mirror and the two exchanged a loving glance. He had been leaning against the door, watching his wife and son's exchange with a gentle expression on his face.

He had the sleeves of his white dress shirt rolled up, having just given Xander a bath. After drying Xander with a towel and leaving Xander outside with his toys, he had gone to drain the bath as well as rearrange the toys in the tub. It had been only 5 minutes, but Xavier found that his cheeky son had snuck off to find his mother in nothing but his diapers.

"Does mama like papa?" Xavier walked over to where she sat with Xander still in her lap and leaned down, brushing his lips with hers briefly.

"You already know the answer to that," she smiled as he kissed her lips. Xander let out an annoyed huff and pouted as he squirmed in her lap. "I love you."

Xander was at a phase where he hated when Xavier kissed Aurora— or let alone any physical affection.

"No, papa, stowp it, papa," grumbled Xander, pushing Xavier's face away from Aurora, causing Aurora to laugh. Xander used his small hands to cover her mouth. "Mama mine."

This time, it was Xavier who was pouting.

"Mama's mine," argued Xavier playfully, trying to look sad. He had to hold back the urge to smile.

"No, mama mine," huffed Xander, getting a little frustrated at his dad's persistency.

Xavier sighed dramatically in defeat, placing a kiss on Xander's forehead. Xander let go of Aurora's mouth and she, too, placed a kiss on his cheek.

"I guess you win this round, buddy."

Xander had no idea what Xavier was saying, but there was one thing he loved more than keeping Xavier from Aurora, and that was having both his parents' attention on him.