Chapter 18 - No going back

The sound of soft breaths, and slumbering lingered around the room. Jason had his arms wrapped around Zoey's waist, her butt was against his middle, their legs intertwined with one anothers. Jason was asleep too, but he woke up to see Zoey still in a slumber. Jason curved his lips into a slight smile and pecked her head as she dreamed.

"She is so perfect." Jason thought to himself as he continued to watch the beauty of Zoey sleeping. She looked peaceful. Jason slowly took his hand off of Zoey's waist, trying to be quiet and still as he could be without waking her. He didn't want to leave her, but if her dad found him in her room, there would be hell to pay, even though Jason couldn't give two shits about Jack, he didn't want to start anything up, more than it already was.

As Jason was trying to sneak out, Zoey opened her eyes, noticing Jason wasn't beside her, she saw him standing by the door. "Jase, Where are you going?" Zoey said in a raspy tone.

Jason trailed his tongue along his lips. "I have to go." Jason sat back down onto Zoey's bed. "No, don't leave, you can stay here and cuddle with me all night like we used to." Zoey stood on her knees, indenting her bed, folding her arms around Jason's neck from behind. She pecked Jason's ear causing him to smile. "Zoe, you know if your dad catches me here, shit is just going to get bad, I don't want that for you."

Zoey sighed an audible breath and plopped right next to Jason, twiddling with her thumbs. "I don't understand why he has to do this to me, now he decides to come into my life and be a father, it's too late for that."

Jason intertwined his fingers with Zoey's, tightly gripping her hand to show his affection. He lifted it up to his mouth and gently kissed the top of it. "I can still sneak into your balcony door every single day and they will never know." Jason caressed Zoey's jaw with his thumb and playfully brushed his lips against Zoey's. Zoey smiled against his lips. "I like it when you're bad."

"Bad? I'll show you bad." Jason curved a smirk onto his full lips. Zoey knitted her eyebrows together in confusion, not knowing what he meant by that. The thought of it made her want to know even more.

"Jason McCann, hmm, lets see, a sexy badass who is fearless, loving, and the best boyfriend ever." Jason raised his eyebrows, wrinkling his forehead in waves. "That sounds about right."

It was midnight, the sky was pitch black, faint clouds briskly float by the glowing moon. Lights were out, barely any cars were driving on the road at this time a night. Only in the city.

Jason and Zoey were laying in her bed, bored out of their minds, but entertained by eachother's company, that's all they needed.

Jason had a permanent marker in his left hand, drawing on Zoey's flesh. He wrote his name on her right arm, with a heart around it. Zoey smiled, and grabbed the marker from him. She drew "I love you." on his right forearm, in cursive font. "Our love is permanent, not temporary." Jason gazed deeply into Zoey's deep blue eyes, he moved her hair out of her face so she could see better.

Jason grabbed Zoey's hand, on her palm, he wrote "Leave with me." Zoey stared at it, and slightly smiled. "I want to be with you, no matter where I am."

"If we leave Zoe, our lives will be way better than having to sneak around and hide, I am tired of hiding." Zoey was unsure on what to say next, her heart wanted to go, but her head was telling her to stay.

"Jase, If I leave, then-- what about my mom and Lily?" Jason intertwined his fingers together, curling his fingers around his knuckles. "Do you love me?" Zoey didn't hesitate. "Yes."

"Then you will leave with me.." Zoey rubbed her face with the palms of her hands, holding back the pressure Jason was pushing onto her. "I want to be with you, but I don't want to leave my family behind. If this is only because of my dad, I can find a way for him to stay out of our relationship."