Chapter 10 - Clueless

A brief gleam beamed through the glass window into Zoey's slumbering eyes. Her eyes ajar and shut again as the bright rays of the sun blinded her. Yawns escaped Zoey's mouth as she stretched her limbs. It had been a while since Zoey slept that long, she only slept that late on the weekends when she didn't have to go to school. Zoey rubbed her eyes with her fists, fully awaking her. She hears soft whispers from across the room. She knitted her eyebrows together as she was trying to make sure she wasn't just hearing things.

"Good morning." A petite voice spoke.

Zoey looked up in confusion.
"Um, who are you?" Zoey asked, lost in confusion like an allusion. She had never seen this girl before.

She had dark, long hair that came right below her boobs, her skin was dark. She kind of resembled Pocahontas in a way.
"I'm Dani." She said folding her arms along her chest. While standing at the end of the bed. She didn't look too friendly.
"Why are you here?" Zoey spat with curiosity. Before Dani could answer, Jason interrupted their conversation.
"Good morning beautiful, I made you some breakfast." Jason said with a slight smile. Zoey was confused out of her mind, one, because Dani was watching her while she slept, and two, She didn't know who Dani even was.
Jason laid the plate of food on the edge of the bed. He had made her eggs, bacon, and toast with butter melting on top. He slid it towards her.
"No, actually I made it, you can't cook if you tried." Dani spat, with a chuckle. Jason rolled his eyes at Dani's words.
"Can you let me take credit for something. Damn." Jason murmured in annoyance. Zoey stared at Jason and Dani, still lost.
"Wait, stop, who is she, and why was she watching me sleep?" Zoey asked running her fingers through her chestnut tangled hair.
"This is my best friend Dani, we have been friends for a while." Jason explained.
"Okay, when did she get here?" Zoey was so lost, plus, she just had woken up.
"You sure do ask a whole lot of questions don't you." Dani said raising her eyebrows at Zoey. Jason sat down on the bed beside Zoey.
"Dani is going to be staying here a while, she got into some trouble and I am the only one she has at the moment." Jason placed Zoey's misplaced hairs behind her ear. Zoey didn't really like the idea of Dani living with them. She didn't feel comfortable, but Dani, on the other hand, loved the idea.

Dani and Jason have been friends since he first started drag racing, there was something about her that he loved, but he didn't love her like he loved Stella, he loved her as a friend.. with benifits. Sex is what kept their relationship going. On that note, Zoey didn't know Jason even drag raced.

Zoey sighed an audible breath and walked out of the bedroom, leaving Jason and Dani in their alone. Dani smiled at Zoey's reaction, she always loved to cause drama between others, Drama was her middle name, as you could say. Jason followed behind Zoey, catching the door before it shut completely.

"Zoe, What's wrong? I'm just trying to be a nice person, and I can't just let Dani sit out on the streets, I care about her." Jason said approaching Zoey, which her back was turned away from him.

"Nothing Jase, I just don't want anything to come in between us." Zoey turned around, nibbling on her bottom lip after she got done speaking. Jason leaned his head back and sighed an audible breath.

"Nothing is going to come in between me and you babe, I promise." Jason placed his hands on Zoey's arms. pecking her forehead with his lips.

Dani leaned up against the side of the door way, furling her arms along her chest smiling micheviously. She ran up to Jason, and hopped onto his back, wrapping her legs around his waist.

"I missed you." Dani whispered loud enough where Zoey could hear. Zoey's face tinged red with anger, she was starting to get a bit jealous. Jason raised his eyebrows, and awkwardly smiled at Zoey. Dani wanted to make Zoey jealous, that was her intentions. Zoey rolled her eyes to the back of her head.