fushiguro megumi - she looks just like you

A/N : takes place in the future!!

to add some more angst, i decided to have itadori executed after consuming all of sukunas fingers as well ^q^ dont worry!! this isnt canon tho, and i sure as hell hope it wont be

heavily inspired by 3rdgymbros book of fushiguro toji called sad, beautiful, tragic !! you guys should check it out because its so beautiful !! writing is so immaculate 🤧

6 years old

Running his hands gently through her (colour) hair, Fushiguro attempted to soothe the little girl back to sleep, her sniffles being muffled into the man's black sweatshirt. God, it hurt him to see his daughter crying. It made his heart sting and his stomach churn in pity knowing that he couldn't do anything to prevent the continuous nightmares that plagued Tsubaki's sleep. Every night, she would sob into his chest, telling him about the monsters that growled and crawled in her nightmares and every time, Fushiguro found himself crying with her.

The first time she woke him up from his sleep, Tsubaki had been trembling, tears dripping down her cheeks till it landed in his own.

"Papa, the monsters in my dream.. T-They— they had big horns and eyes!" she had wailed. "This lady tried to protect me but they hurt her really bad!"

Fushiguro hugged her tight that night, murmuring words of reassurance as he placed loving kisses on her forehead, his own tears drenching his pillow as they both cried to sleep.

The nightmare that Tsubaki had described was the way ___ had died : she died by trying to protect Tsubaki from cursed spirits.

If only he was there. If only, if only, if only he was fucking there—

"Papa?" Tsubaki called out in a hushed whisper. His jade eyes snapped towards his daughter who hugged her teddy bear close to her chest. It was a gift from ___ and Fushiguro on her birthday and she never went to sleep without it.

"Yes, bunny?"

Tsubaki had always been fond of his rabbit shikigamis, hence her little nickname that only Fushiguro called her.

"Why did mama name me Tsubaki?"

Fushiguro's eyes softened, dipping further into the warm bed as memories flooded into his mind. Memories of ___.

"Tsubaki is a type of flower that your mama loved." he replied, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear, something he also did with ___ before. But now, he couldn't - she wasn't here anymore.

"Why did she love them?" Tsubaki's voice was filled with innocent curiosity, making Fushiguro chuckle as a warm sensation crawled up his chest, heart squeezing in nostalgia.

"Well, we first met when I accidentally ruined her flowers. Your mama got so mad at me, she refused to talk to me for days."

Tsubaki giggled, her nightmares long forgotten and pushed back to the corner of her mind. Nothing can scare her when she was in her papa's arms.

"You're so silly papa! I would get really mad too." she said, snuggling her cheeks closer to his chest.

"I know, I know.. So I made it up to her. I bought her more tsubakis and helped her plant them in her little garden." Fushiguro let his mind wander.

"Do you forgive me now?" he had asked. ___ shook her head and huffed, which made Fushiguro grumble.

"What? But I already—"