"What can I do for you?" he asked, playing his part well as the last few students made their way out of the room.

"I just have a question about the homework," I mutter as Victor shrugs and says, "I have a question about the answer you marked wrong on my homework." I glance at him and almost chuckle at the frustration in his eyes. He really has taken an issue with something that Dr. Green marked wrong.

"Suzume, what's your question?" he asks, clearly deliberately ignoring Victor and this time I do giggle. Dr. Green's eyes light up before he smirks and shakes his head, "None of that. You'll get everyone started and there's only one person I want to administer the giggle cure to."

I roll my eyes at him as I set my homework down on his desk. "There's no such thing as a giggle cure."

Dr. Green shakes his head. "Now, now. I have a medical degree and you clearly use Dr. Google. I know what I'm talking about, here."

I giggle again. "Sure, you do. Now, am I making these lines right?" I am, I know I am, but he bends over to check them anyway before declaring them perfect.

By that time, the room had cleared except for the three of us. Dr. Green stands up and stretches before reaching for his things. "Come on you two. Let's go down to the office to finish this conversation. Owen's going to want to hear this. Victor, grab your stuff." I expected Victor to at least question it, but without hesitation he goes back to his desk and collects both of our bags. Dr. Green smirks and says, "Good luck getting any of them to allow you to carry your own things ever again. They're going to let it become a habit and you're outnumbered."

He's probably right and even though I don't admit it out loud, his laughter at the expression on my face says he knows he's right. On the way down to the office, I hang behind them a bit, listening to him and Victor talk about nothing of consequence. Dr. Green glances over his shoulder and catches me with my arms crossed protectively around my stomach and shoots me a teasing glance. "We're not leading you to the firing squad, Flower. You don't have to look so scared."

My response was to shrug and then wince at the sensation of my muscles pulling. Even with me not carrying my things, I was starting to hurt more now than I did this morning. It had Dr. Green frowning.

"Your shoulders bothering you that much?" he asked, flirty demeanor turned off in favor of concerned doctor mode. "The offer for better pain meds and muscle relaxers still stand."

My answer remains the same. "No, thank you. If I take muscle relaxers, I'll never make it to the school to pick up Dylan, much less all the way home." Not to mention there being no one else that can take care of the kids once we do reach the house.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Sheila can sniff out narcotics from three miles away. She'd be home in a heartbeat and stealing them from me.

He sighs as we reach the door to the main offices. "You shouldn't be walking home at all. Let Kota and Nathan drive you and Dylan home."

"I'll think about it." We both know that I won't.

"Will you at least take some over the counter medicine?" he asks and I'm relieved to see that the woman who normally sits at the front desk is gone. "I have some in my bag that I can send home with you."

It would be nice to take something before I make the trek home. "I've been taking Tylenol," I admit. "It's been taking the edge off, but I haven't been able to take any since before I came into school this morning."

Dr. Green smiles at me. "Tylenol may help some with the pain, but it's not going to help with the inflammation. I'll send you home with a bottle of ibuprofen or naproxen-- pick your poison."