One

▛▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝▝ ▜

Lucy Scott had draped herself across the couch, her body languid and her head nestled upon the lap of her close friend, Matthew Taylor

Lucy Scott had draped herself across the couch, her body languid and her head nestled upon the lap of her close friend, Matthew Taylor. Her feet found their resting place against Michael Munroe, creating a cozy tableau of camaraderie. The room they occupied now held a rare tranquility, a  pause in the  youthful uproar that typically reigned within the sky lodge's walls. It was  a moment of respite from the exuberant chaos of teenage revelry, made all the more peaceful by the array of beverages the Washington family had thoughtfully assembled. 

Amidst the quietude, Ashley Brown's voice timidly pierced the air, a suggestion to break the stillness. "Perhaps we should conjure up some amusement," She proposed, her eyes skimming the room. "The silence is becoming quite eerie, isn't it?" She feigned a shiver, rubbing her arms to generate warmth,  a playful gesture to lighten the mood.

Jessica Riley's interest was piqued by Ashley's observation, prompting her to contribute her own idea. Shifting her position to sit cross-legged on the floor, she offered, "We could play Would You Rather?" Her gaze swept over the group as she awaited their responses, met with a mix of groans and nods. "Oh, come on! It'll be fun!" She cajoled, locking eyes mischievously with Lucy, a conspiratorial smile dancing on her lips. 

Hannah Washington, ever the thoughtful strategist, chimed in with enthusiasm, her glasses slightly perched on the bridge of her nose. "We could learn so much about each other!" She suggested, her glance exchanged with a friendly smile from Michael, an unspoken agreement passing between.

And so,  a consensus was reached, and they gathered in a circular formation on the floor. Joshua Washington took it upon himself to rearrange the furniture, sliding the coffee table aside to accommodate the group. He extended the offer to replenish everyone's drinks, a gesture that aimed quell any burgeoning tension. Christopher Hartley was among the first to accept, followed by Lucy, who  acknowledged the kindness with a nod. 

Observing the individuals before her, Emily Davis's lips curled into a knowing smile. "I'll start!" She declared, her gaze landing on Jessica. After a contemplative pause, her words flowed anew, "Jessica, would you rather get a botched haircut or a disastrous spray tan?"