Ron

"Now we just need. the hair." Hermione says as she ladles the polyjuice potion into glasses. Harry and i pull out Crabb and goyles hairs. nico pulls out a thick lock of greasy block hair. "Snapes." He explains. "Why would you get snapes!" Malfoy will never confess to a teacher." I exclaim. but Nico rolls his eyes. "Because im not trying to question malfoy. Im going to search the school records. im going to track down the last of Slytherins known descendants so if Malfoy doesnt confess, we'll have somewhere else to start. we examine our drinks. Crabbs looks like boogers, Goyles lookes like throw up, Milicent Bullstrodes lookes like a clump of wet hair, Snapes looks like a thick rich purple. We all close our eyes and drink.

Harry and i burst back into the bathroom just as the potion wears off. "I was bloody sure it was him." "Hopefully Nico found something useful." Harry says.
Right on cue Nico Walks into the bathroom. "Did he confess?" "Its not him. "did you find anything in the records?" Nico Pulls a stack of papers out of his Robes. "about three generations after Slytherin died his descendants married into the Peverall family. Melissa Peverall was the last known member of the family. Theres no other records after her." Nico looks around. "Wheres Hermione?"  "Im listening!" She shouts from the stall. "The official school records will only relate to those people who attended hogwarts. But the library has books on all wizarding Geneology. We should be able to pick up the trail there." "Hermione come out of the stall." I shout. The door slowly opens, and Hermione steps out. Nico surpresses a laugh. "It isnt Funny!" She looks like shes about to cry.

The Library wasnt very much help. Mellissa Peverall married Alabaster Gaunt. None of their descendants ever attended Hogwarts and the family died out four generations later with a Father and son who died in Azkaban and a sister who Vanished off the face of the wizarding world. "well these books only track known descendants." Nico says. "but over the course of a thousand years there must have been a few they missed.

As Harry Nico And I walk down the corridors we suddenlycome across a puddle of standing water. we follow it all the way to moaning myrtles toilet. we hear her sobbing loudly from inside the pipes. "Myrtle." Nico asks gently. "Whats wrong?" Myrtle bursts out of the toilet and wraps Nico in a hug. "I. Was. Sitting. In. The. U-bend. Minding. My. Own. Business. And. Someone. Came. And. Threw. A. Book. At. Me." she sobbed. "What difference does it make if a book gets thrown at you? You cant feel it anyways." Nico glared at me with the most terrifying look ive ever seen. "Oh sure. Why not throw things at Myrtle. She cant feel it anyways. 10 points if you get it through her chest 50 if you get it through her head!" She screams. "settle down." Nico encourages her. "he didnt mean anything by it, hes just stupid." Nico glares at me again."Uh Yes. Im very stupid."

Harry walks across the room and picks up a diary. "is this what they threw at you?" She nodds. "Here let me see." Nico holds out his hand. But as soon as his fingers close around it a jolt goes through his body. He falls to his hands and knees. his palm begins to smoke. Nico scrambles to his feet. "Maybe you should hold onto it harry.  I lean over to him and whisper. "Hey. Fifty points if you get it through her head. Nico whirls around with a look of fury on his face and he punches me square in the mouth.