Nico

My meeting with Mcgonnogal and Dumbledore was complete pegasus shit. They said alot of very Will Solace-ish terms. such as Self-destructive tendencies, and Clinical depression, and concerned for your wellbeing. I mean what does that even mean. But finally i had come to the conclusion that i had to stay at Hogwarts over christmas break. Dumbledore, quite surprisingly, had agreed. He felt that looking out for the ghosts would make me feel as tthough i was doing something productive.

when i walked into the gryffindor common room, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were waiting for me. I sink into an armchair. "Hey." Ron throws up his hands. "i just want to say, this was not my idea. i told them to leave it alone. i told them to mind their own business." I look from Harry, to hermione, to Ron. "What?" "Well."Hermione saysgently. "were just a little concerned that maybe you arent thinking clearly after what happened last night." I throw up my arms. "so i was drunk! I was fucking upset!" "No." Harry says gently. "What we meant was ... all that shake the heavans and the earth stuff. You didnt really mean all that did you." I look back and forth from Harry to Ron, to Hermione. "You know my dad once told me he wished i had died instead of my Sister." "Thats Horrible!" Hermione gasps. I nod. "Yeah but the worst part is he was right." They all stare at me in shocked silence. "Some Ghost King I am! A king is supposed to protect his subjects! Bianca would never have let this happen! Bianca would never have let her own house ghost be petrified right under her nose!" I wipe my eyes on my sleeve. "Nick was a good friend to me. And someone in this school attacked him. one of my own class mates." I shake my head as my chest swells with rage. "Wars have been fought over betrayals such as this. Wars have been fought over much less. And Nick didnt deserve what happened to him." with that i go up to bed.

My silver knife slices smoothly through my skin. Four cuts on each arm. eight total. More than usual but its been a while. The sharp pain is so catharctic. I think back to the end of the summer when i had promised i wouldnt do this anymore and suddenly im full of resentment. Fucking Will Solace. Who the Hades does he think he is? He thinks just because hes smart and hansome he can boss me around. Then i freeze. Where had that thought come from? better ignore it. I lay back in my bed and exhale as warm blood trickles down my arms. Ajax jumps up on my Bed and glares at me judgementally. "Dont You Fucking Judge me you fucking cat!" i sceream. He glares then walks over and begins gently licking my wounds. I sigh and pet him. "Youre a good friend." He meows. "Do me a favor?" He looks up expectantly. "Bring me some of severus snapes hair." Ajaxjumps out of my bed and slinks off into the castle. I reach over and grab Hazels letter off my bedside table.

Dear Nico.
I got my first stripe today. I saved Dakota from a unicorn stampede. Dont tell anyone but i was really more worried about the unicorns. Octavian is getting on my nerves as usual and Reyna is pissed that you arent doing more to help find Jason. But were all really worried that monsters are getting harder to kill. I hope to see you soon Nico. I hope youre doing okay.

I smile and pick up a quill and parchment.

Dear Hazel.
Im so proud of you. Dont sell yourself short. Whatever youre motivations were you did save Dakota. You shoulod be proud. Dont worry about Octavian. Ill kick his ass next time im at camp if you want. and Reyna doesnt know half of what im doing to look for Jason. As for monsters, ive heard reports about that too. Ive heard alot of reports of weird things happening all over the world. Dont tell anyone i said this but i have a nast feeling that this is going to be a rough year.

I fold up the letter and hand it to hestia who promptly flies off to deliver it. then i pull my curtains shut and go to sleep.

Before i go down to breakfast i wrap some bandages around my arms. the i change the bandage on my stomach. the wound is almost healed and barely scarred. Will really did do a good job on it. i meet Harry, Ron, and Hermione in the common room and we head down to breakfast. but ive barely sat down before the Baron floats urgently over to me. he bows deeply. "My lord. The Headless hunt has located Jason Grace." My eyes Widen. "fantastic! Where is he?" My stomach tightens into a knot as i see his face. "He appeared on a school bus at the grand canyon with no memory to speak of. He was attacked by anemoi before being collected by Annabeth and Taken to Camp Half Blood."