Chapter 51: It's Going Down In Ginger Town

Back in said town...

...

The only two signs of life left in the decimated city continued their battle, both their energies clashing viciously as they went head to head.

Piccolo seemed to have the upperhand however, his fusion with Kami nearly doubling his speed as he easily dodged ever attack the strange creature threw his way. Just at the insect-like monster swung his fist again, Piccolo flew out of the way, appearing behind him less than a second later as he spun around, landing a kick that sent the monster flying. Before his opponent had time to react, Piccolo dashed past him, landing another kick before chasing him down yet once more.

"RrghhRAHH!" The bug-like fighter growled, stopping himself in mid-air as both of them stared each other down. Piccolo growled as the creature launched himself into the air, stopping above him and pausing for a moment before raising two fingers to his forehead.

"SPECIAL BEAM CANNON!" The monster shouted, Piccolo's eyes going wide as he watched a familiar looking blast heading his way.

The Namekian growled, bracing himself before he smacked the beam away, the deflected attack sailing a good distance away before exploding violently. "Rrgh... How... How did he...?" Piccolo mumbled, thinking out loud as his opponent took advantage of his momentary distraction.

Both fighters went at it again, battling it out in mid-air as Piccolo still seemed to have the advantage. It wasn't long before the fight was tipped in his favor again, his enemy only able to block as he continued to explore his new speed and power.

He's gonna kick me again, isn't he? The bug-like monster thought, his eyes going wide as Piccolo's foot came crashing down against his face, sending him sailing into the rocks below.

The super powered Namekian descended slowly, touching down on the ground across from the monster as he blasted through the debris around him, looking back at the other fighter angrily before speaking.

"Alright, I'm gonna need you to do me a solid and not kick me anymore..." He growled, growing tired of having to deal with this new challenge...

"Start by telling me how you know my technique and maybe I'll consider it..." Piccolo countered, wanting to get some information out of this stranger before going any farther.

"Well what can I say? Imitation is the greatest form of flattery... Speaking of which..." He went on, moving his hands into a familiar pose as Piccolo's eyes went wide yet again.

"Ka..."

No! That's impossible! Piccolo thought, watching as he powered up the attack that he had seen so many times before. The only one who knows that technique is Goku!

"Me..."

And Gohan... Piccolo thought, really thinking about it as he realized that wasn't all. And Master Roshi... And Krillin... And Yamcha... And me that one time I tried it just to see if I coul-

"HAAAA!"

Piccolo jumped, dodging the massive blue blast of energy at the last second as he reappeared above the battlefield, wondering how this monster knew their techniques...

What is going on here? Who taught him-

Piccolo jumped, his thinking interrupted suddenly as he sensed the monster behind him one second too late. Before he could react, the giant insect had wrapped his arms and legs around the Namekian, trapping him in his grasp as his tail swaying ominously behind them...

"Heh heh heh... I've got you now..." The monster behind him rasped, his tail hovering above Piccolo's chest as he struggled to escape. A second before the tip of the appendage darted down, Piccolo jerked to the side, the needle striking his arm instead as he let out a yell.