Chapter 8: Help From New Friends

"Blast! I could kill that Namek for destroying our scouters." Zarbon muttered to himself as he jetted over the landscape, searching for another Namekian village. "Too bad he's already dead..."

Just then, a light in the distance caught his eye as he stopped, watching curiously as something, or rather someone, was approaching fast. His expression changed to that of surprise as he realized who it was, holding his ground as the man flying his way stopped abruptly. 

"Vegeta..."

"We finally meet again Zarbon." Vegeta rasped, looking very smug as he stared down at the teal alien in front of him. "What a surprise... I've already disposed of that useless Dodoria... Now I plan to do the same thing to you."

"What?! There's no way you beat Dodoria by yourself!" Zarbon argued, staring at him in disbelief as Vegeta laughed.

"Whatever you say Zarbon."

"I say you're lying!"

"It's easy enough to prove..." The Saiyan Prince teased while getting into a fighting stance. "If you don't believe me, why don't you try me for yourself?"

"You... You're a fool! You should know better than to disobey Frieza!"

"Yes, so I've heard... But unlike you, I've never been suited to the life of a mindless follower. I'm through taking orders! I'm through cowering before Frieza like a dog!" Vegeta proclaimed while glaring at Zarbon fiercely. "And I intend to see him grovel at my feet as soon as I've made my wish."

"You mean with the dragonballs..."

"The winds of change are blowing Zarbon... Soon the power of immortality will be mine. And with it, I will rule this galaxy forever!"

"You're dreaming!" Zarbon argued, wanting more than anything to say something that would wipe that cocky smirk off the Saiyan's face. "Frieza already has five dragonballs. It won't take us long to find the rest!"

"Please, you're blind without your scouters! That's a liability I don't share. My powers have improved in more ways than you can ever imagine."

"Hmpf. So you've learned some new tricks then..." Zarbon said, sounding unimpressed. "It doesn't change a thing. What makes you think your abilities even hold a candle to Frieza's?"

Vegeta growled, sending the other man a deadly glare. "I'd say you already know the answer to that question... Dodoria did too. And before he died, he told me everything! Frieza fears the Saiyans, which means he's afraid of me."

"Don't flatter yourself." Zarbon chuckled condescendingly, "What Frieza feared was the entire Saiyan race rising up against him. All alone you're no threat to anyone."

"Well, we'll see..." Vegeta smirked before vanishing, appearing behind Zarbon's back as he blocked a punch that was aimed at his face. Zarbon appeared shocked at how fast he was just as the Saiyan grabbed his arm, tossing him up a few feet before he recovered. Zarbon growled, holding out his hand as he yelled, putting an enormous amount of power behind a blast headed directly for Vegeta.

The Saiyan Prince merely deflected the attack, sending the beam flying off course as it exploded, making the entire area shake as huge clouds of smoke and debris appeared in the distance.

Vegeta wasted no time, rushing forward as he launched a punch straight at Zarbon's face, catching him off guard and sending him flying back. He dodged every punch and kick Zarbon retaliated with effortlessly, laughing as the other man was clearly becoming frustrated. Once again, Vegeta vanished, as he reappeared above Zarbon's head while upside down, flipping over swiftly before delivering a kick that sent him sailing towards the ground.