Chapter 42: Race to Dr. Gero's Lab

A good distance up ahead...

...

"So, you think you can keep up boy?" Vegeta asked with a smirk, glancing over his shoulder at the purple haired Saiyan flying behind him. "Let's see!" He said with a laugh, powering up before flying even faster.

Trunks growled, going Super Saiyan in a flash before rocketing after his father as both fighters flew over the vast ocean beneath them.

It's still hard for me to believe that he could be a Super Saiyan at his age... Vegeta thought, mildly impressed as the corner of his mouth turned up slightly, seeing the younger boy keeping pace with him. But then again... He is my son...

...

Not too far away...

...

"Tien! Can you see it yet?" Piccolo shouted, scanning the horizon carefully before glancing over at the warrior flying to his right.

"Not yet... But we should be getting really close!" Tien answered, Krillin and Luna flying behind them both as they all made their way towards North City.

"There!" Krillin shouted, seeing a small opening in the mountains ahead as a few taller buildings were suddenly visible.

"Yes... That's it alright..." Piccolo mumbled, seeing the city up ahead clearly now as all of them flew overhead.

"So which one of these mountains looks like the best place to put a lab to you guys?" Luna asked innocently, observing the surrounding rocks as Piccolo sent her a look before scanning the area around them.

"You know, I didn't exactly think that finding Dr. Gero's lab would be easy..." Tien commented, looking around as well as he realized there were more mountains than he could count. "But this, this is ridiculous!" He went on, looking over at Piccolo and the others as he noticed Krillin and Luna shivering. "I mean, considering the fact that we can't sense the androids power and the fact that we have about a million mountains to choose from... I'd say it just might take awhile..."

"I say we split up and whoever finds the lab first sends out a signal..." Piccolo suggested, looking at them all seriously before Luna spoke up.

"What kind of signal did you have in mind Piccolo?" She questioned, tilting her head as she wrapped her arms around herself as a cold breeze blew by. At least my toes are nice and warm... Luna thought, wiggling said toes inside her boots as she was grateful in this moment that she had worn them.

"Raise your power levels so we can all sense it." The Namekian explained, watching in amusement as Luna's teeth began to chatter.

"Alright! L-let's get g-going!" She stuttered, shaking her head as a bit of ice that had gathered on her hair and ears fell to the ground below. "It's freezing up here!"

"I know... But this is no time to complain..." Tien said seriously, fighting against the cold himself while glancing at Krillin and Luna as they both nodded.

"Just one more reason I'm glad I'm not an Earthling..." Piccolo mumbled, turning his back to them all before continuing. "Now we better get moving... We don't have much time!" He ordered, looking out into the vast mountain ranges around them while choosing a piece of the terrain to search.

"Hey! I'm not from this planet and I'm still chilly!" Luna said playfully, smirking towards the Namekian as she floated past him, looking towards the left side of the city as she figured that section of mountains looked as good as any of the others...

"Okay, let's do it! I'll head a little further North and see what I can find up there..." Tien volunteered, all of them floating away slowly as they prepared to take off.