Chapter 41: False Threat

"17... And... 18...?" Luna mumbled as Android 20's words played over and over again in her mind. "No... No way..."

Everyone else looked just as shocked as the white haired man began laughing insanely.

Before anyone could move, he launched the ki in his hand in multiple directions, blowing up a good portion of the surrounding landscape while giving himself the cover he needed to make his get away. Everyone covered their eyes as dust and debris flew through the air, Luna panicking as she heard Bulma and Yajirobe screaming as their ship headed towards the ground.

"Rrgh... He's asking for it..." Piccolo grumbled, pulling his hands away from his face as he looked around now that most of the smoke had cleared. Everyone seemed to be alright he noticed as he saw Luna not too far away, holding baby Trunks in her arms as Bulma sat next to her wide eyed.

"Oh wow... Pretty sure I was about to be a wish there..." The blue haired woman mumbled, jumping suddenly before looking around in a panic. "W-where's my baby?!"

"Right here!" Luna said happily, handing a crying Trunks to her as the other woman sighed in relief.

"There you are! Oh, thank you..." She breathed, rocking the baby back and forth as he finally started to calm down. "Aw... Don't worry Trunky..." Bulma cooed, smiling down at the baby sweetly before continuing. "That was just an explosion... You'll get used to those... Those happen a lot around mommy..."

Luna nearly facepalmed before sighing, glad her friend and son were alright. She heard a few rocks moving behind them as she sensed Yajirobe was fine as well. I knew he'd be okay... She thought with a smirk, glancing over at Vegeta before sending him a nasty glare. He didn't even try to save them... She thought angrily, noticing that future Trunks seemed to be just as irritated.

Luna watched him glare at his father, getting angrier and angrier as the Saiyan above him paid no attention to any of them.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me! He got away again?!" Vegeta shouted, looking around at the terrain below him. "Blast it! Rrgh... Where'd he go?!"

Trunks growled, reaching the end of his patience as he jumped up before flying in front of the older man.

"Hey! Why didn't you try to save them Vegeta?" Trunks asked in a harsh tone, glaring at his father as he waited for his response.

"Who?"

"Who?!" Trunks repeated in shock before spelling it out for him. "Bulma and your son!"

"Oh, them..." Vegeta said boredly, having better things to do than explain his actions to some brat. "I have more important things to worry about than that foolish woman and her blasted child!" He finished seriously, staring back at the lavender haired boy as Luna listened in with a frown on her face.

"Now, out of my way!" Vegeta hissed, blasting past Trunks as he flew around him without another word.

I know I would have spotted that infernal android if he had taken to the air... Vegeta reasoned, looking around in the canyon below him for any signs of the machine. He must be sticking close to the ground... Using the narrow canyons to conceal his escape... He deduced, smirking as he decided what his next move needed to be. That means he's on foot! And if he's on foot, he can't have gotten very far...

"Sooo... That funny looking old guy with the mustache was one of the androids?" Bulma asked suddenly, getting everyone's attention as Trunks whined in her arms. "Huh? Oh, there there now..."

"Yeah, sure was Bulma..." Krillin mumbled, wondering what the blue haired woman was getting at.

"Time to turn that frown upside down!" The scientist cheered, making a silly face at baby Trunks before continuing. "Well, I think that android was Dr. Gero... Yes, he was! He was Dr. Gero~" Bulma cooed, finishing the last part of her sentence in baby talk as she tried to make Trunks stop crying. "I've seen his picture before in one of my dad's science magazines..." She went on, everyone listening to her words intently. "Of course, it looks like he's changed a lot since then..."