Chapter 7

^Picture of our boy, Zac^

Antonio's POV
"Help me." My mate whispers right before his eyes close.

I can't believe what just happened! If I hadn't detected Austin's scent, he could have died.

The moment I saw the car coming towards Austin at full speed my heart stopped.

Luckily I was in my wolf form- I am faster in my wolf form than human form- and I was able to move him out of the way just in time.

When he realized a wolf was on top of him his eyes widened and his heart started beating extremely fast, which is understandable since you don't see a wolf everyday.

Matthew was pissed at whoever was driving, still is.

"Call animal control!" I snap out of my thoughts as police officers surround us.

I'm not letting them take Austin away from me.

There is an ambulance as well but I am feeling extra protective right now. Austin is not hurt badly, I can take him to the pack house and take care of him myself.

I growl at them and protect Austin with my body.

I look around and see it is just 6 of them. I can take them easily.

They chose a bad day to mess with an alpha wolf.

I close my eyes and concentrate on the sounds around me, my connection with nature, with Earth. I open my eyes and they instantly start glowing a forest green.

The police officers look like they are about to shit their pants. Good.

I get into position, ready to attack. With the energy and strength running through my veins, I jump and tackle one of the officers to the ground.

One of the officers shoots, I easily dodge the bullet and tackle him as well.

When the other officers see this they go back inside the cars in a hurry like the cowards they are.

I go back to Austin's unconcious form on the floor.

Once it is just the two of us, I shift back into my human form and pick up my mate from the ground.

He starts to stirr, probably trying to come back to his senses.

"Shhhh everything will be fine Austin." I whisper.

With my mate in my arms I start walking back to the pack house.

-----

"Antonio! What happened?!" My dad asks as I enter the pack house, clearly worried.

I would be worried too if my son walked in-wearing nothing but underwear-with a boy in his arms.

"It's a long story dad, I'll tell you later. Right now I just need to take my mate to my suite." When he hears the word 'mate' his features soften and he nods with understanding.

I walk through the pack house and enter my bedroom.

I carefully put Austin on my bed and quickly put some clothes on.

Sebastian silently enters the room seconds later, just as Austin starts waking up.

"Hey take it easy. You're safe here." I say as I help him sit up.

"How did I get here? T-There was a car and a black wolf. What's going on?" He asks freaking out.

"I'll explain everything later, I promise. I saw you on the street on my way to school and I got really worried so I brought you here." I say. Austin looks around the room, he tilts his head to the side like an adorable puppy when his eyes land on Seb.

"This is Sebastian Greene, my best friend." I say already knowing Seb is about to embarrass me in 3... 2... 1...

"I've been dying to meet you Austin! Antonio has told me so much about you. You really have caught his attention you know." He says causing Austin's cheeks to heat up.

I mentally face palm. I pray for the poor soul who is destined to mate with Seb. Just kidding he is amazing, he just has his moments.

"It's very nice to meet you Sebastian." Austin says as he flashes Seb a smile and stands up from the bed.

I'm glad to see that his legs are not wobbly. He is back to normal. Just a few little bruises and cuts on his arms probably caused by the impact of the fall.

-----

"Thank you for everything you did for me Antonio. I really appreciate it." My beautiful mate says.

After he talked with Seb for a while, I took care of his wounds and gave him something to eat.

It was a bit of a challenge to ask some questions he had about our territory, since it is so big and there's so many of us, but we managed to answer without spilling any secrets, yet. Anyway, he only saw part of it so I hope he doesn't start thinking something weird, like if we are some mafia gang or something.

I smile at my mate and slowly wrap an arm around his waist to pull him closer to me.

"You could always repay me by going on another date with me gorgeous." I say softly as I look into his mesmerizing brown eyes.

Not that he needs to repay me or anything, I'm just teasing him a bit.

He blushes and says, "Only if I get to plan it this time. It's only fair, since you planned our first date, which I absolutely loved but now I want to take you somewhere."

Hmm... doesn't sound like a bad idea at all. I'm fine with anything as long as I get to spend more time with him.

"Deal. I can't wait." I say before I press a light kiss to his cheek. His skin is so soft and smooth.

Austin opens his mouth to say something just as his phone starts ringing. He takes it out of his pocket and as soon as he looks at the screen his eyes widen.

"Oh God I totally forgot about my parents! 8 missed calls and 14 texts. The school must have called my mom. This is bad. Antonio could you please give me a ride?" He asks with pleading eyes.

As if I would ever let him go home by his own.

"Let's go," I say nodding. I take his hand in mine and guide him to my Jeep. Enjoying the sparks his skin against mine create as much as I can.

As I park in front of his house my mate says, "Could you give me your phone number? You know so I can text you the details about the date."

"Of course." He gives me his phone and I quickly type in my phone number.

"Now go before your parents kill you." I say with a smile.

He chuckles and says, "Trust me, I'm already six fit under."

I laugh as he gets out of the car.

"I'll see to tomorrow handsome." He says. I can feel myself blush at the nickname.

Austin gently closes the car door and walks to his front door.

I wait for him to go inside before I start driving back to the pack house.