Chapter 18

Matthew's POV

Alright, so let's do a small recap of yesterday. Antonio bravely told Austin about what happened with our dads a few years ago which made me very proud of him, then Austin baked for us and showered us with love and affection. It took a lot of effort and emotional support for Antonio to tell Austin about the miscarriage, after that he was emotionally drained so we decided to switch places for the day.

Good thing about it is that I get to spend time with my sugar lips and Antonio gets to rest. Bad thing is that I have to go to school and cover for him. But I'm sure I can survive the day.

As I walk to Antonio's locker, I sniff the air in search for Austin's scent. I really want to apologize for what happened last time we were together, when I lost control. That was bad.

I wish Kael would come to school, but Sebastian decided to finish his studies at the pack school so that's not possible.

The frown on my face immediately disappears as it's replaced with a smile once I spot Austin and Zac on the crowd of students. They will be my saviors for the day, I don't know anyone else in this place! I jog towards them, waving my arms around to show my excitement.

I'm pretty sure I look silly right now, but I'm too happy to care.

"Hey Matt!" Austin says as he pulls me in for a hug. He already knew today I would be in control, since Antonio told him yesterday when we dropped him off at his house.

"Matt?" Zac asks in a confused tone of voice, but I'm too busy nuzzling against Austin
to explain. I groan angrily in a joking manner when my mate pulls away, laughing a little and patting my head twice.

The time I spend with him is precious to me, so this time I want to make the most of it. If it were possible, my tail would be wagging this very exact moment, that's how happy and excited I feel.

After explaining the situation to Zac, we all went to first period together.

I fell asleep ten minutes after the lesson started. Remember when I said I would survive the day? Well I was wrong. I am not cut out for this human school thing.

~~~~~~~~

"Wait, so you're telling me Betas don't get a heat!?"

"They don't. Omegas get a heat, alphas a rut, betas don't get any of those. I thought maybe Zac would've told you by now."

I mean, Austin is his best friend. Could it be that Sebastian hasn't told Zac? But why wouldn't he, he is his mate. He should be the person he can tell anything to!

If I ask Kael about this, I'm sure he'll tell me what's going on. Or maybe I'm just overthinking it. I should leave this to Austin, after all he is the only one Zac will open up to about this.

Austin seems to be deep in thought, just as I am. I should probably change topic before our heads explode from thinking so much.

Whenever I feel stressed or anxious, I run. A good run always helps, maybe it could help Austin too. There's actually a beautiful waterfall not too far away from the territory. I can take him there and use the comforting environment to apologize! Kill two birds with one stone.

"You coming?" I call out to Austin as I walk to the door of the alpha suite and turn the knob to open it. My voice seems to snap Austin out of his trance as he clumsily stands up from his spot on the pillow fort be built together. He trips on a blanket but I quickly catch him before his body hits the floor.

He blushes when he looks up at me. I chuckle as I hold him, "You alright?"

"Yeah, thanks. I just get a bit clumsy when I'm worried or anxious." He says as he avoids eye contact with me. I stroke his cheek with my thumb as I bring his gaze up to mine, leaving a gentle kiss on his forehead to calm him down.

"It's okay. Come with me, I want to show you something." I know he will like the waterfall, most of the time there's fairies and pixies flying and playing around so it's even more pretty and fun.

I've noticed that Austin likes to do his nails from time to time, just like Simon, who is a werewolf and one of our best chefs. Anyway, the other day my mate was wearing black nail polish which looked really good on him. So I'll just ask Simon to let me borrow some of his nail polish and hopefully he will lend me a few colors. I'm sure he will, he is super nice.

I doubt I'll be any good at it, but I'll try. For my mate, I would gladly do it a thousand times again.

~~~~~~~~

Austin seems enchanted by the waterfall, his eyes are sparkling like diamonds. The fairies put little flowers all over his hair, which makes him look adorable. As he looks at his reflection in the water, out of the corner of my eye I see a water fairy use her magic to create water bubbles that float in the air. Austin pops them with his finger, smiling as droplets of water splash on his skin.

"This is so amazing. Thank you for bringing me here." Austins says as he gives me that smile that has my heart pounding in my chest.

"Anything for you, Austin. I wanted to make it up to you, for last time we were together. I'm sorry I lost control at your house."

He shakes his head, "It's all good. You don't have to apologize for that, I know that was never your intention."

And that's how we spend the rest of the day. With both of us sitting on a rock, admiring the breathtaking waterfall, talking about whatever came to mind and me painting his well kept nails while the fairies practice their magic.

This moment will always have a special place in my heart. It will be a memory I will always treasure.

 It will be a memory I will always treasure