Chapter 2

^Picture of Antonio^

Antonio's POV
"Happy Birthday baby!" I hear my Dad say and feel him pull me into a tight hug.

"Thanks Dad." My father joins the hug a few seconds later.

"Happy Birthday son. You are becoming Alpha of the pack today, we are extremely proud of you."

I can't believe the day is finally here! Today is my 18th birthday and I'm more than ready to become Alpha of the pack. The Meraki Pack.

"Thank you father. I'm happy to hear that. I can't wait to become Alpha, I promise I'll try my best to protect the pack." It is going to be a bit difficult to handle the pack and high school but with the help of Sebastian, my Beta, I'm sure I'll be fine.

Seb and I grew up together, he is like my brother. I couldn't have asked for a better Beta. My parents let go of me and both of them give me a smile.

"I'm sure you'll be a great Alpha Antonio." My dad says.

We talk a bit more and have breakfast together. I have about ten minutes to get to school and if I don't hurry I'm gonna be late.

"You know you could always shift and run to get there on time." I hear my wolf say in my head. Smartass.

"Not even going to wish me a Happy Birthday Matthew?" I ask him before I throw my back pack on the ground, take off my clothes, and start to shift into my wolf form after I've put my clothes inside my back pack.

"Right right. Happy Birthday Antonio! You're eighteen now, do you think we will find our mate?" I take my back pack between my sharp fangs and start running to the high school I'll be attending this year.

I have never attended a school since we have a school for pack members so most of us are educated within the pack.

This year I wanted to experience what it feels like to go to a high school with humans and probably some other werewolves.

It'll be good for me. That way I can make some friends and create new memories. Who knows, maybe I'll find my mate too.

"I hope we do." I tell Matthew before I hide in an empty area close to school, I shift back and quickly put my clothes back on.

I walk to the entrance of the building. A couple of minutes later a nice lady is guiding me to my first class.

My teacher comes outside of the classroom and tells me he'll introduce me to everybody else.

I follow closely behind him and just as I step foot in the classroom a strong and delicious scent of roses and flowers hits me.

I automatically knew my mate was in the room.

"Mate! Mate!" Matthew sounds completely ecstatic and I feel the same way.

I start looking around to find the source of the intoxicating scent until my eyes lock with beautiful brown ones.

Angel.

That's the first word that came to my mind when I saw him. My mate, he is just as beautiful as an angel.

~❣~❣~❣~

I told my dads I found my mate. They were extremely happy for me and wanted to meet him but he is human so I can't bring him to the pack anytime soon. Speaking of the pack, everything is going well.

I have many duties as the Alpha but I'm enjoying it.

Back to my mate, I have to become his friend first and see where the friendship leads.

The thought of him rejecting me terrifies me. What if he is in a relationship already? What if he is not interested in me at all? What is he doesn't feel the bond? What if-

"Antonio calm down, everything is going to be fine. Trust me" My thoughts get interrupted by Matthew.

I want to believe that everything is going to be fine. I really do... but anything could happen.

As an alpha the pull is stronger and stronger every second I spend without my mate. I want him with me, in my arms. I want to hold him, kiss him, and shower him with affection and it kills me to know I can't. Goddess this is pure torture.

"Okay, I'll try to not think about it too much. Thank you Matthew." Hopefully I can introduce myself to my mate tomorrow at school.

I saw him talking to another guy today who seemed to be his friend, I didn't listen to their conversation because I felt like I was intruding.

Yes, he is my mate but I'm not invading his privacy. I didn't ask about him either because it would've been weird to others. I will get to know him soon enough.

~❣~❣~❣~

"We should hang out today! I have someone I want to introduce to you."

Today I woke up and decided to approach the guy my mate was talking to yesterday, I thought it would me easier for me to become friends with my mate if we have a friend in common.

We were getting to know each other a bit. His name is Zac. He is really easy to talk to and seems like a very kind person.

I tell him that I would like to hang out with him.

We continue to chat for a couple more minutes, then the delicious scent of roses and flowers hits me indicating my beautiful mate must be in school and close to us.

I see my mate walking towards us with a confused look on his face, maybe because I'm talking with his friend? He looks fucking gorgeous, as always.

"Babe I want you to properly meet Antonio. Antonio this is my best friend Austin." B-Babe? Why would we call him that if they are best friends? I'll have to worry about that later.

Right now all I can think about it's his name. Austin. It fits him perfectly.

"Hey Antonio, it's nice to meet you." He says. Instantly making Matthew purr and my heart melt.

"It's nice to meet you too Austin." I say.

I want nothing more than to pull him into me and kiss his perfect pink lips, but I control myself.

His almond shaped eyes are hypnotizing. I could drown in those romantic, brown eyes.

We continue to stare at each other until someone clears their throat, "Ehem" we turn to look at Zac who has a mischievous look on his face.

"I was thinking we could all hang out today after school, wanna come to mine? We can swim in the pool and have fun."

I want to spend as much time with my mate as I can, I really hope he says yes. Also a pool? That means I get to see Austin in his swimming trunks.

Just the thought of seeing his beautiful body is making me hard. I need to stop this thoughts before my boner grows.

"Sure, I'll come." He says and of course I accept the invitation right away.